51 (edited by mrjw34 2015-03-17 18:14:21)

Re: Feature Requests

It would be nice to have the option when uploading images to overwrite/replace existing images already uploaded.
Images that already exist are now uploaded and appended by default. If I'm replacing a large number of images that means I have to go through and re-sort the new ones and delete the existing.
Do that with a 100 or so images and a "replace existing" option would some in handy!

Would it be possible to add a banner/google ad/paypal button to the navigation column? Maybe in the footer right above the copyright?

How about being able to insert something at the base of a gallery index page? I would really like to add a donate button as well as an affiliate banner to the gallery index pages.

If this is already possible, please advise. Thanks in advance.

@Webitect

If you want to add custom content to the footer, then you could open the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/layout.tpl' file in a plain text editor and add your custom HTML code before the closing </footer> tag on line 31.

If you want to add custom content to the foot of a Gallery Index page, then you could open the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/galleryindex.tpl' file in a plain text editor and add your custom HTML code before the closing {/block} tag on line 23.

I hope this helps.

Please note that the line numbers above refer to the current version of Showkase (v1.3.6).

End user switchable desktop or mobile site.

Request: No more cropped thumbnails in Juicebox and Showkase.

I understand the requirement for square thumbnails from a programming standpoint, and I appreciate the available workaround for custom horizontal and vertical formats. However neither solution suits the admixture of horizontal, square, and vertical compositions which I offer to the public.

My pain point aesthetically with this web solution is that images are shoe-horned into a square crop. I submit that this is a severe misrepresentation of our photographs.

I will live with this shortcoming, but not siliently.

Please put some engineering muscle into a solution that maintains our photographs' proportionality.  Centring with irregular padding (hence dead space) would be far superior to the current implementation of blindly forcing our rectangular images into square holes.

Thanks for listening, and for so many wonderful incremental improvements.

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

@Webitect

If you want to add custom content to the footer, then you could open the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/layout.tpl' file in a plain text editor and add your custom HTML code before the closing </footer> tag on line 31.

If you want to add custom content to the foot of a Gallery Index page, then you could open the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/galleryindex.tpl' file in a plain text editor and add your custom HTML code before the closing {/block} tag on line 23.

Is this also where we would put javascript tracking code from, say, StatCounter?

Thx

@saidn

Is this also where we would put javascript tracking code from, say, StatCounter?

Yes. If you want to include custom HTML code at the bottom of all your Showkase pages, then you could add it just before the closing </body> tag (on line 35) in the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/layout.tpl' file.
The line number above refers to the current version of Showkase (v1.4.0.1).

If you had pure JavaScript code (rather than HTML code such as JavaScript within <script> tags) which you wanted to appear in all pages, then you could add it to your theme's 'custom.js' file, for example 'showkase/_themes/kosel/js/custom.js'.

Incidentally, Showkase has built-in support for Google Analytics. You can enter your Web Property ID in the 'Site -> Google Analytics' section.

Thank you for continuing to improve ShowKase!

The following message arrived 3 days ago:

> I have recently updated some files associated with Showkase
Standard.  They're yours for free.

I downloaded the package but can find no Change Log anywhere, not within the package, nor in the ShowKase-Version History page, nor in this Forum. The information is important for me to evaluate whether or not to upgrade immediately and to help me take advantage of whatever changes were implemented.

Please provide some sort of change list along with updates.

@saidn

Apologies. The Version History should be in sync with new releases. It will be updated soon.
In the meantime, here is a quick rundown of the v1.4.0.2 changelog (in no particular order).

• Improved security across multiple sites

• Fixed issue with Contact Form regarding certain email providers' DMARC policy (more details)

• Fixed initial visual flash of footer content on Juicebox gallery pages

• Added meta viewport tag for Juicebox gallery pages under Gallery Manager theme (more details)

• Ensured special characters in Contact Form message are displayed correctly

• Minor tweaks to Maribo theme

• Updated jQuery JavaScript library

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks Steven,

As inconveniences go, this is really minor. But it really helps me to see this Log, especially when there are security improvements.

Thrive On!

Hello there..

after a few mails with the support - they asked me to write something about my problem in the feature-reqest-page..

It would be realy great if you can add a "high-resolution" HTML5 Upload-option..

my problem is the following..

i take picutres in Raw..convert them via lightroom to some good quality jpg's and want to share them with the world through my showkase-page..when i upload them through the html5 (or java) upload-gui - they get resized and reduced massive in quality (also when i disable the resize option..)
the only possibility to upload the pictures in the original quality is via the basic uploader..but one by one..no multiple select or something..

hope you can help me and fix this in a further release..maybe the plupload-module have some hidden settings?..or you can realize a multi-selection basic upload?..

thanks alot and best regards from switzerland..

Buddha-Bear..

I'd like to see the publishing of a sitemap.xml once you publish new content. This helps to inform search engines about pages on websites that are available for crawling. The sitemap.xml should update when pages are created/updated/deleted.

I really hope you can look into this.

It would be great to have the ability for a "fixed" header, while still allowing the the body of the page be scrollable.

I'd love to see some basic blog functionality so you can post some news every now and then which also helps to drive SEO performance. Alternatively, I'd like a way to integrate a Wordpress blog while maintaining the design and responsiveness of Showkase.

65 (edited by 35ol 2016-01-16 11:53:35)

Hope the next version may be add

1/ custom thumbnail in gallery index page (eg. image from libary)

2/ more than 2 level gallery index page

3/ custom gallery index page navigator link to other page/website.
(Now, showkase only can handle 2 level gallery index page, but I need more than 2, so I create other webpage, but can't modify the top navigator link to there.

@35ol

Thank you for the suggestions.

... but can't modify the top navigator link to there.

I don't know if it will help but you can create a navigation link in the Showkase menu ('Pages -> New Page -> Navigation Link') without it having a corresponding Showkase page. (It would just be a link to whatever web page you like.)

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

@35ol

... but can't modify the top navigator link to there.

I don't know if it will help but you can create a navigation link in the Showkase menu ('Pages -> New Page -> Navigation Link') without it having a corresponding Showkase page. (It would just be a link to whatever web page you like.)

I mean modify both navigator & thumbnail to another webpage

@35ol

OK. Thanks for clarifying.

New options for easy formatting elements on the CONTACT and BIO page types!

Simple is great, but our easy options for the Contact and Bio pages... leave a little to be desired. 

I tried using simple HTML tags to try and break up the layout a bit, move photo/text/etc but didn't seem to work, I'm guessing it's governed by theme code elsewhere?

The pages feel kinda bland, weighted funny on large screens.  Would be nice to have something closer to a modern/cleaner form, like Squarespace, etc.

Thanks!

@atreidex

I'm not sure exactly what layout you are trying to achieve but you might have better luck using CSS rather than HTML tags.

You can use your browser's developer tools (usually accessed via the F12 key) to check which ids or classes on your page you might need to apply custom CSS rules to. You can then add your own custom CSS rules (to change the layout and/or style of the page) to your theme's 'custom.css' page (as noted in the Adding Custom Styles and Fonts support section).
It might not be possible to achieve what you are looking to do via CSS but hopefully this will help or at least point you in the right direction.

Additional notes and links on using your browser's developer tools can be found in this forum thread.

Request from steven.xu in the Juicebox-Pro forum: https://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=9650#p9650

Request:
we'd like to have ability to setup multiple accounts and give different permission.

Thanks, ShowKase Support!

It has been on this list for ages, I am desperately waiting for it since I use ShowKase: please, please please gimme the possibillity to make an Indexpage of Indexpages! So I can build a site with multiple layers: like Abroad=>India=>Mumbai=>Slums. How hard can that be for you to build??? You are geniuses, right? Yeahhh, I'm sure, just do it! Please?

I'm still eagerly hoping something happens with my earlier request...!

But meanwhile I have another: I would very much like to have the possibility to write some text (like an introduction) on an Index Page! Now I use a Basic Page with Links to Index-Pages, but I would really like the possibility to also add some text on an Index Page itself!

Please consider adding built-in social media support for a link to a YouTube channel

I'd like to see an option that galleries could go to expanded view on small screens without having to have the splash screen show first.