Topic: Cannot send mails to Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail due DMARC [SOLVED]

Hello,

Mails sent from the contact form of my ShowKase website, fail when using Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail addresses in the field "Email *".

I contacted my webhoster One.com, and here is their answer :

"Its unfortunate you are having problems on sending e-mails to Yahoo|Gmail|Hotmail. Though upon checking the account logs it seems a part of the reason on the mail block is due to your site script isn't using a valid from email as a sender. Our logs shows that the mail sender is set as mail-out2/mail-20150916:Sep 16 08:18:59 mail-out2 postfix/qmgr[3818]: 66552DD2A: from=<postmaster@stephanelieben.com>, size=906, nrcpt=1 (queue active) You need to update your script so that the sending mail is an active mail on your domain, once this is done then you should be able to pass the DMARC errors."

So, may you please specify where I can set my sending mail address in ShowKase ?

Thank you in advance,

Steph

Re: Cannot send mails to Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail due DMARC [SOLVED]

It looks like this might be the root of the problem: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/email-service … 24016.html

In order to work around this problem, please try the following:
(1) Open the 'showkase\admin\plugins\contact\master\contactcore\contact.php' in a plain text editor.
(2) Change line 84 from:

$mailer->setFrom($userEmail, $userName);

... to something like:

$mailer->setFrom('showkase@site.com', $userName);

... using a valid email address from the same domain as your web site.
(3) Republish your site.

When email enquiries come through to you, they will have whatever address you entered in the 'From' field but the 'Reply To' field will still have the user's own email address.

This works perfectly !

Thanks a lot Steven

You're welcome! I'm glad it works. Thanks for letting me know.