- Support Home
- User Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Version History
- Upgrading Showkase
- Converting from svManager
- Server Compatibility Test
- Creating Themes
- Theme Variables
- I lost my password, how can I reset it?
- How can I upgrade to a Pro viewer?
- How can I backup and restore my web site?
- How do I recover a trashed web page?
- Which is the best browser to use with the Showkase admin interface?
- I already have a home page. How can I integrate this with a Showkase site?
- I’m getting error messages when I try to install Showkase
- I made a change in Showkase Admin, but I don’t see the update on my website. Why not?
- I don’t see my home page when I browse to http://www.mysite.com/
Themes and Web Site Appearance
- What is the optimum image size for the Boma and Kosel themes?
- Can I adjust the web site width to suit my images?
- My images/videos are not showing full width
- I have an image embedded in a web page – why does it look squashed?
- Is Showkase a one-time purchase?
- Can I get a refund?
- Can I upgrade my Lite galleries to Pro?
- How many websites can I use Showkase on?
- Does a single domain license cover multiple subdomains?
- Can I try a trial version of Showkase?
- Should I buy the Standard version or the Pro Viewer Bundle?
- I own Juicebox-Pro or SimpleViewer-Pro. Can I use it with Showkase?
I lost my password, how can I reset it?
You will need ftp access to your server to reset the password.
- Look in the folder admin/reset for a file called showkasereset.php
- Move this file into the content folder of your web site, that’s the folder that holds all your web pages.
- Log in to showkase with user name admin and password admin
- Go to the Showkase > System > Change Log-in screen and change your user name and password. Enter admin as your current password
- Important! Move the showkasereset.php file back into the reset folder where it came from.
- You will now be able to log-in with the user name and password that you set in step 4 above
How can I upgrade to a Pro viewer?
See the entry in the Showkase user guide.
How can I backup and restore my web site?
See the entry in the Showkase user guide.
How do I recover a trashed web page
- Log into Showkase and go to System > Recover. You should see a list of all your trashed page folders.
- Note that a unique number has been added to your trashed folder name like this: basic-1343835253. The number is a time-stamp to indicate when you trashed the page. The timestamp will be removed automatically when you recover it.
- Select the pages that you want to recover and click Recover. Pay attention to any error messages.
- Go to the Showkase pages screen and look for your recovered page. The name may have been changed to prevent clashes.
- Click the Edit link and check your page content.
Recover was introduced in Showkase 1.5.0. If you have an earlier version and do not wish to upgrade you can use Site > Import to recover trashed pages. You could also recover trashed pages by transferring them to the content directory and setting write permissions using ftp. Then use Showkase System > Repairs to add the recovered pages to the Showkase database.
Which is the best browser to use with the Showkase admin interface
The Showkase admin interface works with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 8 and up. We recommend Chrome, since it is generally the fastest browser.
I already have a home page. How can I integrate this with a Showkase site?
Create a Showkase site and add a navigation link to your home page (New Page > Navigation Link). Create links from your home page to the Showkase pages.
I’m getting error messages when I try to install Showkase
- Have you installed and run the Showkase Server Compatibility Test?
- Check the Path to your web site folder shown in the Setup screen. It should be a single slash character for an installation in the web root or a slash character followed by the install directory name if you are installing in a subdirectory. Change it if it seems wrong and click Setup again.
- Change the permissions on your installation folder to 0777, go to the Showkase setup screen and and click 'Setup' again.
I don’t see my home page when I browse to http://www.mysite.com/
This is normal when you install Showkase in a subdirectory of your web site. Follow the instructions in the Showkase support overview page.
I made a change in Showkase Admin, but I don't see the update on my website. Why not?
Make sure you clicked the 'Update' button on the Admin page you were updating, then make sure you click the 'Publish' button to rebuild the site. If you still don't see the update you may be looking at a cached version of your website. Clear your browser's cache to load the latest files.
Themes and Web Site Appearance
What is the optimum image size for the Boma and Kosel themes?
Boma has been optimized for images 800px wide x 600px high. Kosel optimum size is 1024px wide x 768px high.
Can I adjust the web site width to suit my images?
This is not usually necessary since most Showkase themes are ‘responsive’ to screen width. If you have particularly large images then you might want to increase the max site width setting in the Site > Customize Theme screen. You can set it by trial and error or calculate it as follows.
- In Boma, multiply your image width in px by 1108 and divide by 800.
- In Kosel, multiply your image width in px by 1078 and divide by 1024.
Large images will only display full-size on a sufficiently large screen. They will take longer to download and may incur increased network usage charges for your users on mobile devices.
My images/videos are not showing full width
Many themes set a maximum width for text paragraphs so the lines of text do not become unreadably long. If you embed an image or a video inside a paragraph then it will occupy the paragraph width. To embed a full-width image or video use the Normal (DIV) format in the drop-down list at the left of the editor toolbar. If you are familiar with html then look at the source view in the editor – the normal format embeds the text in <p> tags whereas the Normal (DIV) format uses <div> tags.
I have an image embedded in a web page – why does it look squashed?
Usually this happens when you use the image popup in the editor. The editor adds width and height settings which can clash with the theme styles. Select the image in the editor, click the image button in the editor toolbar. In the popup dialogue box delete the image width and height settings. Save.
Why does my gallery index page show grey rectangles with a white cross instead of thumbnails?
Upload one image to each gallery using the upload screen. Showkase will create thumbnails from these images
Is Showkase a one-time purchase?
Yes. Showkase is a one-time purchase with no recurring fees. Each purchase includes free upgrades within the same major version number. So if you purchase v1.0 you get free upgrades up to v1.9.
Can I get a refund?
If for any reason Showkase does not meet your requirements, please email us within 14 days of your order and we'll try to resolve any issues. If we are not able to resolve your issues, we will give you a 100% refund.
Can I upgrade the Lite Juicebox and SimpleViewer galleries to Pro?
Yes. Check here for details.
How many websites can I use Showkase on?
Each Showkase license is valid for a single website domain. Using the product on additional website domains requires the purchase of additional licenses.
Does a single domain license cover multiple subdomains?
Yes. Multiple subdomains (e.g. sub1.example.com and sub2.example.com) are covered by a single domain license.
Can I try a trial version of Showkase?
We do not offer a trial version of Showkase. If you purchase Showkase and are not satisfied, email us within 14 days of your order and we’ll try to resolve any issues. If we are not able to resolve your issues, we will give you a 100% refund.
Should I buy the Standard version or the Pro Viewer Bundle?
Showkase Standard includes the Lite version of the Juicebox and SimpleViewer galleries. The Pro versions of these galleries offer advanced customization options, no branding, and unlimited images per gallery. If you purchase Showkase Standard, you have the option to purchase the Pro galleries and upgrade at a later point.
I own Juicebox-Pro or SimpleViewer-Pro. Can I use it with Showkase?
Yes. Customers who have already purchased a Pro viewer can purchase Showkase Standard and upgrade it to use the Pro viewer manually.