Topic: IONOS & PHP Version?

Hello,

I recently received an email from IONOS web hosting support that they have been providing Extended + Support for PHP 8.0 on my site hosted there. They say they have been providing this service to me for free since last November 2023 but now they regret they must start charging me $8.71 monthly to continue with this extended support.

Now I just checked with their customer support desk and asked what is their current free PHP version (doesn't require extra $'s) Customer support says that would be 8.1 - 8.2.

Before I go making any changes to that setting on IONOS I'd like to know will JuiceBox Pro v1.5.1 function properly at PHP versions above 8.0?

I just finished running the SKTEST and got ok results but here is the dilemma. Since I am currently paying for extended support for version 8.0 any test results would come back as ok.

I'm just being cautious before making that switch.

Thank you,

Kim

Post's attachments

SKTEST.png 332.66 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: IONOS & PHP Version?

There are a couple of bugs when running Showkase v1.7.6 under PHP 8.1 and PHP 8.2 (one unique to PHP 8.1 and another unique to PHP 8.2).

If using PHP 8.1 or PHP 8.2, please apply the patch I provided in this forum post. This should provide full compatibility with PHP 8.1 and PHP 8.2 (and I've tested it with PHP 8.3, too).

Thanks for your help Steven.

I updated the ShowKase patch, switched the PHP to 8.2 and as far as I can tell things are working fine. So I cancelled the extended + support.

This has been resolved as far as I can tell.

Kim

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

With the patch in place, there are no known issues with any version of PHP but if you run into any new problems, please let me know. Thanks!