Topic: Issues with Showkase after migration [SOLVED]

Hi there.
I had one website makimg.com as my main  domain on multiple domains hosting plan.  Later I added another website marinakrasnovid.com under the same hosting.  I decided not to keep two websites anymore, but one, so I got rid off of makimg. com and had my hosting company migrate my website marinakrasnovid. com to single domain hosting plan.
The issue is that after migration marinakrasnovid.com does not work.  It works only as marinakrasnovid. com/showcase/
Hosting company checked everything on their part and are saying that it all looks just fine and that issue might be with the Showkase.
I tried rebuilding website through Showkase admin and it rebuilds it just fine, but when I try publishing it says "Notice:  A non well formed numeric value encountered"
In addition, under Set Up tab in Showkase it says "your web site address is marinakrasnovid. com/showkase/ and when I click on Setup button it says that setup was successful and does not give option to change the path. 
What could be the issue?
Hopefully, I make sense in describing the issue.
Thank you much in advance

Re: Issues with Showkase after migration [SOLVED]

I'm really not sure exactly what has happened during your migration process but hopefully my notes and suggestions below will help.

It certainly looks like your Showkase installation is in its own subdirectory (marinakrasnovid.com/showkase/) rather than in your root directory so the first thing to do would be to run 'System -> Setup' to ensure that Showkase knows exactly where it is located.
On the 'Setup' page, you should be able to enter a path in the 'Path to your web site folder' input field before clicking the 'Setup' button. It looks like the correct path should be "/showkase/".

The "non well formed numeric value" error message you quoted is not an error I've ever encountered before using Showkase.
It is a PHP error (rather than an error generated specifically by Showkase itself) but just the message itself without any context is, unfortunately, rather unhelpful. It might help to run Showkase in debug mode to see if a more detailed error message is displayed in the application's status bar on publishing which might help to pinpoint the cause of the problem (for example, letting us know the page and line number causing the problem).
Open your 'showkase/admin/settings/constants.php' file in a plain text editor and change line 12 from:

define('DEBUG', false);

... to:

define('DEBUG', true);

If this provides more detailed information about the publishing problem, please let me know.

Also, I notice that you currently use Showkase-Pro v1.4.2.
It might be worthwhile upgrading your site to the current version (v1.7.1) to see if this helps. There have been many changes since v1.4.2 (please see the Version History page for a full list of changes between versions) and upgrading might help.
If your web server runs PHP 7, then you'll need at least Showkase v1.4.3 (this was the first version of Showkase to be compatible with PHP 7).
Full instructions for downloading the latest version of Showkase and upgrading a site can be found on the Upgrading Showkase page.

Once your Showkase site is fully functional again, then if you want your site to be accessible from your root directory (without having to move all your Showkase files), then you should be able to follow the 5 steps in the Showkase Home Page support section.
Otherwise, instructions for moving a Showkase site can be found in the Changing Your Installation Directory support section.

If the suggestions above do not help, then I might be inclined to just install a fresh installation of Showkase on your server (perhaps in your root directory if that's where you'd like it to be) and then just import all the pages from your existing Showkase site (via 'Site -> Import').
Installing a new Showkase site should take only a few minutes and you can import multiple pages at once so getting a new site up and running with your existing content should not take too long (and might be a quicker and easier option than trying to troubleshoot and fix your existing migrated site).

Hopefully my notes above will point you in the right direction and give you a few things to try.

Steven,  I tried all and it still does not work :(
After I did debug and I tried publishing, it says "Notice:  A non well formed numeric value encountered (helpers.php, line 48).

Thank you for trying my suggestions and for providing the debug information.

The getBytes() function in the 'helpers.php' file which throws the error does a simple numeric operation on a variable which, depending on where the function is being called from, could be the PHP memory_limit, the PHP post_max_size or the PHP upload_max_filesize.
The problem could be due to how your server is reporting one (or more) of these values.
If these values are not in an expected format, then the variable being used in the getBytes() function may not be numeric, causing the error.

Please check the memory_limit, post_max_size and upload_max_filesize values on your server.
You should be able to check your PHP settings using phpinfo() as follows:

• Create a new file in a plain text editor with the following code: <?php phpinfo(); ?>

• Save the file with a .php file extension (for example, 'phpinfo.php').

• Upload the file to your web server and open it in a browser.

You can then search the page for the terms memory_limit, post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to find their values.
Please post back with the values you find for each of these PHP directives.
It might also help if you could post the link to the 'phpinfo.php' file so that I can take a look at your PHP settings for myself.
This should hopefully shed some more light on the problem.

Also, please let me know what version of PHP your server has installed.

It might also be wise to install and run the Showkase Server Compatibility Test to see if any errors are reported there.
Even if you ran the test before installing Showkase, please try again in case your web host has made any changes recently.
If any of the tests fail, then it might give us a further clue as to the nature of the problem.

Thank you Steven.  My hosting company fixed it for me after I sent them your replies.

That's great! I'm glad that you've been able to resolve your problem with the help of your web host.
Thank you very much for posting back to let me know.

On further investigation, the "Notice:  A non well formed numeric value encountered" message may have been displayed as a result of running Showkase under PHP 7.1.

We have just uploaded a new version of Showkase (v1.7.2) to address this issue and I would advise anyone using PHP 7.1 or above who encounters the "Notice:  A non well formed numeric value encountered" message to upgrade their site to Showkase v1.7.2. Showkase v1.7.2 is now compatible with both PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2.

We have not yet updated the Version History page (this will be done in the next website refresh) but the new version can now be downloaded using existing download links. (Upgrades are free within the same major version number and download links always point towards the latest version rather than the version purchased.)

Full instructions for downloading the latest version and upgrading sites can be found on the Upgrading Showkase support page.