Topic: Kosel theme

I was wondering how can i change the distance between gallery (picture) and horizontal line in the KOSEL theme, above and below..

Thanks

Re: Kosel theme

If you want to add some space between the top horizontal line (below the header) and a Juicebox gallery (on a Juicebox gallery page), then add the following to your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file:

.type-juicebox .content {
    padding-top: 50px;
}

To add space above the top horizontal line, then add the following:

.type-juicebox header {
    padding-bottom: 50px;
}

If you want this space to apply to all pages (not just Juicebox gallery pages), then remove .type-juicebox from the code above.

This will push the gallery down the page. If you want to compensate for this by reducing the height of the gallery (so that it is still fully visible without the need to scroll vertically), then edit your Juicebox gallery page and enter a negative number (such as -100) into the 'Override Theme Settings -> External fit px' box.

Try adding the following to your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file:

.type-juicebox footer {
    margin-top: 5px;
}

.type-juicebox section.gallery.gallery-juicebox {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
}

If this does not help, then please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look at the your page's layout and hopefully help further.

Try adding the following to your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file:

footer {
    text-align: center;
}

If you need to customize Showkase beyond the capabilities of the available interface options, then the best thing to do is to use your browser's developer tools (usually accessible via the F12 key) to determine the CSS classes or ids of the elements on the web page that you want to change. You would then apply custom CSS rules to these classes or ids (or other selectors) in your theme's 'custom.css' file.

Please see this forum post for further information and links which may help.

For others reading this forum thread, instructions for 'Adding Custom Styles and Fonts' can be found here.

I notice that there looks to be a typo in the sample CSS in the link above (in the /* Use it */ section): header hgroup h1 should be header .hgroup h1. (Note the dot preceding hgroup. hgroup is a class name rather than a tag in this instance.)
To change the font family for the 'site heading', try the following:

/* Use it */
header .hgroup h1 {
  font-family: 'MavenProRegular', Arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 18px;
  line-height: 1.5;
}

Also, please note that the sample /* Use it */ section is specific to (and will affect only) the 'Site heading'.
If you want your font to be used for all text throughout your Showkase site, then try the following:

/* Use it */
header .hgroup h1,
header .hgroup h2,
section.page-body,
section.page-body h2,
nav#nav a,
body #outer #wrapper footer small {
  font-family: 'MavenProRegular', Arial, sans-serif;
}

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post the URL to your Showkase site so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.

How can i adjust in css menu. I want to move it a little bit down.

Try something like the following in your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file:

nav#nav {
    padding-top: 50px;
}

How can i have that the logo is not messing up the position of the menu.

Try limiting the size of your site logo via the 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Site Header -> Logo max width px' setting.

If this does not help, then please post the URL to your Showkase site so that I can take a look at the problem for myself and hopefully help further.
Thank you.

(The typo in the Adding Custom Styles and Fonts support section has now been corrected.)

How can i move menu on the left side, below the logo ?

This is not a layout which is supported by Showkase. The navigation menu for a Kosel site is right-justified.
Trying to move the navigation under the site logo and justified to the left may interfere with the mobile vs desktop display.
You could try something like the following but I would not recommend it. You may run into unforeseen problems that you might have to tackle at a later date.

nav#nav {
    clear: both;
    float: none;
}

nav > ul, .nav-2 {
    float: left;
}

Which code should i use in custom.css for setting the size of the font of the main menu?

Try something like the following. (You will need to increase the line-height to accommodate the larger font-size and you may need to increase the min-height for the navigation menu, too.)

nav#nav ul a {
    font-size: 50px;
    line-height: 50px;
}

nav#nav {
    min-height: 150px;
}

Can i use some spacing between the words in menu ? They are almost next to each other. I want to set some space between the words?

Try something like:

nav {
    word-spacing: 50px;
}

When i use word-spacing, it does make some space between the words but i am missing "Contact" because he is using spacing. Contact is gone. How can i adjust so i have all of the words in the menu?

Unfortunately, it is really difficult to troubleshoot a problem without being able to see it for myself.
I would really need to see the problem on a live web page in order to use my browser's developer tools to determine the cause of the problem.
If possible, please post the URL to a web page which demonstrates the problem.
In the meantime, try replacing:

nav {
    word-spacing: 50px;
}

... with either:

nav#nav a {
    margin-right: 50px;
}

... or:

nav#nav a {
    padding-right: 50px;
}

... adjusting the pixel value as necessary.

Another one, web version is working perfect but when i use it on the mobile, the MavenProRegular font is not implemented.

At the moment, it looks like your MavenProRegular font might not even be used in the regular desktop version of your site.
It looks like the font being used is Arial (in desktop as well as mobile).
Please check the location of the font files on your web server. According to the paths in your '_themes/css/custom.css' file, it looks like the font files should be in this directory http://elitenegler.com/fonts/ but they do not seem to be there.

I was just wondering how it is possible to change words "Name", "E-mail", "Message" in the contact form.

Open the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/contact.tpl' file in a plain text editor and change "Name", "Email" and "Message" in lines 68, 70 and 72. The line numbers refer to the current version of Showkase (v1.4.3).

<label for="name">Name <span class="required">*</span></label>
<label for="email">Email <span class="required">*</span></label>
<label for="message">Message <span class="required">*</span></label>

Is it possible to keep menu - link, highlighted ?

Try using something like the following CSS code in your 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file:

nav ul li.active a {
    color: #00ff00 !important;
}

You can set the site header link via:
Site -> Site Settings -> Site Header -> Site header link

The URL can be relative (to the root Showkase directory) or absolute (in the form http://www.example.com/index.html).

Try using: http://elitenegler.com/index.html

If you are using a Juicebox gallery, please make sure that you are using the latest version (v1.5.0) as right-click protection was introduced in v1.5.0. (Please see the Version History for a full list of changes between versions.)
Please also see this FAQ: How do I allow or prevent users from saving gallery images?
(Also, set showDownloadButton="FALSE" in the 'Button Bar (Pro)' settings section.)

If you purchased Showkase-Pro, you can upgrade to the latest version (v1.6.1) which comes bundled with Juicebox-Pro v1.5.0.
Instructions can be found here.
If you purchased Showkase-Standard and Juicebox-Pro separately, then you can download Juicebox-Pro using your original download link and integrate it into Showkase-Standard following the instructions here.

If you are using a ListViewer gallery, go to 'Override Site Options' in the page settings and make sure that the 'Protect images' checkbox is selected.

If you are using a SimpleViewer gallery, then please see this FAQ: How do I prevent users from saving gallery images?

Be sure to re-publish your site after making any changes.

I hope these suggestions help.

Yes i have upgraded to v1.5.0 but im still able, from Chrome, to save the whole page and in that directory i find all the pictures that are in the Gallery ?? How is that possible ? showdownloadbutton is FALSE.

Setting showDownloadButton="FALSE" will ensure that Juicebox-Pro's Download Button is not displayed on the gallery's own Button Bar.
However, it does not disable core browser functionality (such as Chrome's 'Save page as...' feature).

If a user is determined to download an image and is familiar with the structure of a Juicebox gallery, it is possible to view the source of the web page in a browser, find the URL of the XML file and view this file to find the image URL. There is nothing that can be done to prevent a user from doing this (as the 'View Source' functionality is built into each browser).
Anything you do to try to prevent a user from directly viewing an image will also prevent Juicebox from doing the same.

It is also not possible to prevent users from taking a screenshot of the web page displaying the image.
To deter users from doing so, you might like to watermark your images. You could use JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (the desktop application which comes with Juicebox-Pro) to watermark your images. Please see the Adding Watermarks support section for details.
You could then import the gallery (with watermarked images) into your Showkase site using Showkase's 'Site -> Import' functionality.

It might also be wise to ensure that your images are of a file size suitable for web gallery use but not large enough for other purposes (such as printing).

Setting showDownloadButton="FALSE" and showOpenButton="FALSE", disabling the right-click context menu (by using Juicebox v.1.5.0), watermarking your images and making sure that your images are not too large are probably the best preventative steps you can take and should hopefully deter the casual user from downloading your images.

How can i group few galleries under one main gallery and when i click on that main gallery, it will not display any pictures (from main gallery) but
will continue to display all the pictures from the first subgallery.

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking to do.
It sounds like what you are looking to do might not be possible with Showkase but using a Gallery Index Page might be a suitable compromise.

You can group multiple different Gallery Pages under either a Gallery Index Page or another Gallery Page.

If multiple different Gallery Pages are grouped under a Gallery Index Page, then on the Gallery Index Page, each gallery will be represented by a thumbnail image which, when clicked, will open the corresponding gallery.

If multiple different Gallery Pages are grouped under a Gallery Page, then when the top-level Gallery Page is selected, the top-level gallery will be displayed and there will be links to all the other galleries in the navigation menu.

Ok. If you do changes in index.html how can i keep them because index.html gets overriden everytime i click publish.
Is it possible to do changes and keep them when you click publish.

No. Any changes to the HTML files generated by Showkase will always be overwritten when the site is next published.
Showkase recreates all pages from scratch. It is not possible to leave sections untouched.
If you cannot customize your pages to your liking with the available configuration options and by using the custom CSS and JavaScript files (see the Adding Custom Styles support section for details) then you could modify the source template files that Showkase uses to create the HTML pages.
Take a look at the TPL files in the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/' folder.
The 'layout.tpl' and 'basetheme.tpl' apply to all pagetypes and the other TPL files apply to individual page types (the TPL filenames correspond to the page types they refer to).
Open these TPL files in a plain text editor and hopefully you will find the right places to make your modifications.
Any modifications you make to these files will be carried over to the generated HTML pages on publishing.

For anyone looking to customize Showkase beyond what is possible via the interface, please see the Customization support pages.