1 (edited by gdgerard 2018-02-02 21:29:20)

Topic: Please with set up

Hello,

I am having a heck of a time getting Showkase to work on my site, which is php ready.
I have uploaded the Showkase folder to the root of my site. I went in to the Showkase folder but can not find how to get to the Set Up button that is mentioned in the instructions on set up.

In the Showkase folder I did go to Admin>Settings index.html and tried to open that but got a 530 and 403 error.

Current site is SV Pro but it is flash. Do I need to go ahead and upload my new JuiceBox gallery to get Showkase to function?

Secondly is this possible to do on your comp instead of working of the server?

I do know this is not much information. If you let me know what else you need to help I'd be happy to provide that info.

Update I got the Server Compatibility Test and got very confusing results. Here is what it said.

Basic tests
'; print 'TestResultOK?'; $overall = true; $ok = version_compare(phpversion(), '5.2.0', '>='); $overall = $overall && $ok; print 'Php version'.phpversion().''.okTd($ok).''; $ok = (@ini_get("safe_mode") != 'On') && (@ini_get("safe_mode") != 1); $overall = $overall && $ok; $status = $ok ? 'off' : 'on'; print 'Safe mode'.$status.''.okTd($ok).''; $gdVersion = getGDVersion(); $ok = version_compare($gdVersion, '2.0', '>='); $overall = $overall && $ok; print 'GD graphics library version'.$gdVersion.''.okTd($ok).''; $ok = class_exists('DOMDocument'); $overall = $overall && $ok; $status = $ok ? 'available' : 'not available'; print 'XML DOM functions'.$status.''.okTd($ok).''; print ''; $message = $overall ? '

Success: your server meets the basic requirements to run ShowKase. You should now run the file handling tests to ensure that your server has the correct permissions for ShowKase to work with files and folders.
' : '

Sorry: your server does not meet the basic requirements to run ShowKase
'; print $message; ?>

Is it compatible or not?  Thanks for any help.

All the best,
Greg

Re: Please with set up

As long as PHP v5.2.0 or later is installed and configured correctly on the web server (as noted in the System Requirements here), Showkase should actually be a very quick and easy application to install.
For reference (and other users reading this forum thread), instructions for installing Showkase can be found here.

In the Showkase folder I did go to Admin>Settings index.html and tried to open that but got a 530 and 403 error.

Just to clarify, after uploading the Showkase file to your web server, you should open the 'showkase/admin/index.php' file in your browser (just going to 'showkase/admin/' should be fine) and the setup page should be displayed.

If you are getting an error 403 (forbidden) message, then it sounds like the Showkase files on your web server might have permissions which are too restrictive. Default permissions of 644 for files and 755 for folders should be fine. You should be able to check and change file permissions using a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla or via your web hosting account's online file manager.
Please also see this FAQ:
I’m getting error messages when I try to install Showkase

Current site is SV Pro but it is flash. Do I need to go ahead and upload my new JuiceBox gallery to get Showkase to function?

No. Showkase-Standard comes bundled with Juicebox-Lite and Showkase-Pro comes bundled with Juicebox-Pro.
Whichever version of Showkase you have, there is no need to use any files other than the Showkase zip file to get Showkase up and running.

Secondly is this possible to do on your comp instead of working of the server?

No. Showkase is a PHP web application and needs to be installed on a web server. It cannot be run on a desktop computer.
(Technically, you could setup a PHP environment on your computer using a program such as MAMP or XAMPP but this is not something that I would recommend.)

Update I got the Server Compatibility Test and got very confusing results. Here is what it said.

If you are seeing all the PHP code in the browser window, then it looks like PHP may not be installed or configured correctly on your web server. Please double-check with your web host that PHP is active and working correctly on your web hosting account. It looks very much like there's a problem with PHP on your web server and your web host should hopefully be able to help you out with this.

I hope these notes point you in the right direction.
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, then please let me know and I'll do my best to help you out further.
It might also help if I had access to your web server to check things out myself. If you are agreeable to this, then please let me know and I will send you an email where you can forward me your FTP login details.
Thank you.