Topic: Saving preset Gallery Settings

Steven,
Regarding the juicebox galleries, I'll have 6-10 galleries. I notice that the settings on each gallery are all different and I need to have a way to work on one gallery but apply all the changes to all galleries.  Is this possible? It's impossible to test and make changes in one gallery just to go back through all 6 to fix them.  The desktop version is great because all settings stay the same and I can make a preset template from my new settings. Also, I can capture settings by opening up a previous gallery with its settings.  Thx.  I have other questions but I'm trying to solve them first before bothering you at this point.

Re: Saving preset Gallery Settings

Go to 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Edit (Juicebox-Pro)' and you can set configuration options that will apply to all galleries under the current theme.
You can then tweak individual galleries on their respective gallery pages.

However, if you have already changed configuration options on a gallery page and then go to change options theme-wide, then only those options on the gallery page whose values are still at their default settings will be changed.
Therefore, you might like to work on the 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Edit (Juicebox-Pro)' settings first before tweaking a gallery individually.

3 (edited by artwindows 2015-10-18 19:20:52)

1)So is there away to get everything I worked on back to the default settings since I have them all mixed up now?

Is there away to have several masters in that theme current area? Thx

2)  Is there a way to back up the default settings in that master before I start working on it?  Actually, is there a way to go back to the defaults on anything I change in ShowKase?  Good for playing around, and then being able to go back to defaults easily. 

Thanks.. .enjoy your Sunday !  or whatever day it is there.. :)  You're in England is it?

So is there away to get everything I worked on back to the default settings since I have them all mixed up now?

If you want to reset the 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Juicebox-Pro' settings to their default values, delete the following file from your web server: 'showkase/_data/themedata/boma/juicebox.xml'.
If you are not using the Boma theme, replace 'boma' in the path above with the name of your current theme.

It would be more difficult to reset a specific gallery's settings to their default values as the gallery settings are stored in a file alongside other settings for the page and you would need to edit the file (the 'page.xml' file in the page's folder) and delete only the Juicebox-specific entries.

Please note that I would not normally recommend manually deleting or modifying any Showkase files on your web server.
I noted the above as it's the only way to do what you are looking to achieve.
If you choose to do so, please make a full backup of your site first.

Is there away to have several masters in that theme current area?

No. There is only one theme-wide set of values that can be used.

2)  Is there a way to back up the default settings in that master before I start working on it?  Actually, is there a way to go back to the defaults on anything I change in ShowKase?

There is currently no quick and easy way to revert to default values.
However, if you would like to make any suggestions for future versions, then I would encourage you to post them in the Feature Requests forum thread. This keeps all the ideas together and ensures that they are not overlooked by the developers. Thank you.

5 (edited by artwindows 2015-10-19 17:37:48)

Thx Steve..
So when I delete that file, it will recreate itself once I make changes on an individual page, I assume?  I found the list of default values on your config page in support.. so I can always quickly backtrack the 3 galleries I worked on, but I think I can handle deleting that file as long as I understand how it recreates itself, whether it's individual pages or just the "master" .. 
I see where backing up that data file each time the site is worked on would be a good thing.. 

If I set up another site, can I copy that same file I'd be deleting above, and add it to that same location so the new site would have the same values for the galleries? or would that depend on whether I'm changing galleries individually or globally?   

Steve, what is this list of NOTICE: Undefined Offset (with a number) ?
I get this huge list which comes up when I'm doing something on the site..dont' recall at the moment what I do when it comes up, but it's coming up each time I update something.. site or page I guess.    I can email  screenshot if you need it. Thanks..

So when I delete that file, it will recreate itself once I make changes on an individual page, I assume?

If you delete the 'showkase/_data/themedata/boma/juicebox.xml' file, it will be recreated when you change the default settings in the 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Juicebox-Pro' section.

If I set up another site, can I copy that same file I'd be deleting above, and add it to that same location so the new site would have the same values for the galleries?

You should be able to do that. As long as the versions of Showkase and Juicebox-Pro match, I expect it would work (but it would not be officially supported).
You are certainly free to try whatever you like but I would strongly advise that you work within the Showkase interface, within the realms of what Showkase was designed to do.
If Showkase ever changes the way things are handled internally, then this method might break, leaving you with a workflow that you may be used to but which no longer functions as you expect it to.

what is this list of NOTICE: Undefined Offset (with a number) ?

I would need more information to troubleshoot this. Please post the exact notice the next time you see it and let me know exactly what you were doing (or trying to do) what it happened.
As this is a notice (rather than a warning or an error), it is unlikely to actually affect your site but you should not be seeing such notices and it would be good to figure out where they are coming from. Thank you.