1 (edited by dB 2015-02-24 03:43:20)

Topic: Unable to update [SOLVED]

I have recently encountered a problem in the admin menu. Any change I attempt to make to the site results in being logged out and taken back to the login screen. I have been using Showkase without issue for two years, my server is 100% compatible, and I have just completed a clean install of the software including a browser cache clear and I continue to encounter the same issue.

Re: Unable to update [SOLVED]

Your query is entitled "Unable to update" but you mention that you have "have just completed a clean install" so I'm not sure if you are trying to upgrade an existing Showkase site or creating a new site from scratch.

Either way, the first thing I would do is re-upload the latest core Showkase files to your web server in case something happened during the initial upload which has somehow resulted in a corrupt or missing file.

Also, if you are able to, try running 'System -> Setup' from the admin pages. Also, try 'System -> Repairs'.

If this does not work, then try opening the 'showkase/_showkase/showkaseconfig.ini' file in a plain text editor and check that all paths to your Showkase site are correct. (The file is small and has only three paths to check.)

You could also try checking the permissions of all Showkase files and folders on your web server. Default permissions of 644 for files and 755 for folders should hopefully work fine but please see this web page for more information on permissions.

Even though you say that your web server is 100% compatible, I would also recommend that you try installing and running the Showkase Server Compatibility Test, just in case your web host has made any changes recently which are contributing to your problem. The Showkase Server Compatibility Test can be downloaded from here.

Another thing you could try is to go through the lost password procedure outlined in this FAQ:
I lost my password, how can I reset it?

Hopefully one of the suggestions above will help.

Thank you for the response. I will start working through your suggestions. Just to clarify, I have run the Server Compatibility Test recently and everything passed, and the clean install of the site was attempted after the issues started to appear.

Everything seems to be in order, however, I am experiencing the same issue of being kicked to the login screen every time I attempt to make any changes to the site.  I will send an email with the URL and login details.

This was purely a hosting issue. Thank you to Steven for going over and above trying to solve this for me.  In the end, a provider change got me up and running again.

Many thanks for keeping me updated (and for supplying me with the login details for your web hosting account).
I'm glad things seem to be working out fine with your new host.