Topic: Gallery Index Page back link url [SOLVED]

My Gallery Index page sits within an iframe on an existing (Magento) site.
The default Exit link ("../") therefore opens up the full site homepage with the (iframe) page rather than exiting the iframe and going to the full screen site home page.
I've added the following code (including the inverted commas) to the Gallery Index page Back Link url field:
"onCLICK="window.parent.location='....lindagorringecouture.com.au'""

This seems to be working but looks a little untidy (in the "gallery-index"/index.html file) even to my amateur coder eyes.

Any suggestions for a better solution?

Thanks and regards,
David

Re: Gallery Index Page back link url [SOLVED]

It's quite a clever idea to close what would normally be the 'href' attribute with a double-quote at the beginning of the 'Back link URL' and then add an 'onclick' attribute (knowing that Showkase will add a double-quote at the end).
This creates valid HTML code and there is nothing wrong with such a solution.
If using this technique, then I would probably use something like the following:

" onclick="javascript: window.parent.location.href='http://www.example.com/'; return false;

It just tidies up a few things (for example adding a space after the opening double-quote, using lower-case characters for the attribute name and adding return false; at the end so that the 'href' value, which is empty anyway, is ignored).

An alternative solution would be to add a value for the 'href' attribute and then add a 'target' attribute in the same way you add the 'onclick' attribute.
The following should also work:

http://www.example.com/" target="_parent

This might be a little simpler as it does not use any JavaScript.

Steven,
Thank you for your advice.
I've gone with the "...w.example.com/" target="_parent" option given a preference for the simplicity of it.

Thanks again.

David

You're welcome.