Topic: using the new Google Analytics - help! [SOLVED]

My site is:  http://mark-friedman.com

As you probably know, Google is in the process of changing it's tracking process.
Currently, it's requesting I enter:

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-43230184-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

on each page I want to track to get the full analytics.
You can see my google tracking id in the code above.  Entering your ID without the rest significantly limits the data collection.

Let's assume I want this on every page on the site.

What's the best way to do this?  Which template file (I'm using Kosel) would be most appropriate to generate the needed code?
Or should this go into custom.js?

Thanks

Re: using the new Google Analytics - help! [SOLVED]

The best place to put the code seems to be before the close of {block "head"} {/block} in /Base/Pagetypes/Layout.tpl

When I Published the site, I was told errors occurred and did I want to continue.  I did, and the site seems fine - the new code is embedded all of in the index.htmls generated.

Where can I find the publish error log?

3 (edited by markfriedman 2015-02-03 23:16:34)

I found the answer to that:  in Admin/System/files, several were listed in red as unwritable - the system error pages: 400, 401, 403, 404 and 500.shtml.  also error_log.

Interestingly, using the "make writeable" function changed permissions to 777 externally, but Showkase still sees them as 0.

It's a non-event and a bug.

This problem is SOLVED

This problem is SOLVED

OK. Thanks for letting me know.
I've marked the thread as 'SOLVED'.