Topic: Caption color [SOLVED]

Hello Everybody,

I am using the Gallery Manager theme and show the gallery in an existing page with an iframe and that works fine.
Now I have put some text in the Catption so it shows up when you go over the picture with your mouse.
But it is black text on a almost black background, I tried to change the text color of the caption but did not succeed in it.
Can anybody tell me how I do that?
Thanks!
Diederick

Re: Caption color [SOLVED]

If you are using a Juicebox gallery, then you can change the color of the caption text by editing your Juicebox Gallery Page, scrolling down to the 'Gallery Lite Options' section and changing the 'Text color' (before clicking 'Update' and 'Publish').
Likewise, for a SimpleViewer gallery, edit your SimpleViewer Gallery Page, scroll down to the 'Gallery Standard Options' section and change the 'Gallery text color'.

Thanks Steven,
I did that and now I have it set to white but if I set it to an other color it won't change, I use SimpleViewer btw.
Also I put some text in the Caption section and also that is not showing on a running computer.
As I started up an other computer I saw the captions but if I change them and I klick Update, I don't see them change on the computers also not after refreshing the webpage.
Verry strange, do you know how I can make that work?
Thanks,
Diederick

First of all, please ensure that you are using the latest version of Showkase (v1.3.4) to ensure that any bugs that were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
If necessary, please see the Upgrading Showkase support page for details.

I have just checked that changing the 'Gallery text color' and updating a caption takes effect after clicking 'Update' and 'Publish' and everything seems to be working as expected in my own test Showkase v1.3.4 installation.

After making changes to your Showkase site, try completely clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery page to see if this makes a difference.
Your web server may also be caching pages which might introduce a delay before you see the updates that you make to your Showkase site.
If your web server uses Apache, try adding the following line of code to the .htaccess file in your root directory to disable server-side caching.

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

Hopefully ensuring that you are using Showkase v1.3.4, clearing your browser's cache and disabling server-side caching will solve your problem.

Version is 1.3.4, put line in .htaccess file, cleared the cache and now....... It works!!
This is realy great!
Thanks Steven!

That's great!
Thank you for posting back to let me know.