Topic: Unable to install Showkase

Hi there, just got my showkase today. Uploaded it to my server and all i get when i run the compatibility test or try to open the admin just says "the system cannot find the path specified."

I've tried in safari and firefox.  Don't know how to check the settings of my server in order to figure out if I have everything i need.  I built my previous website, but, it's very simple and i'm by no means a programmer. 

help!

Re: Unable to install Showkase

If you are unable to run the Showkase Server Compatibility Test, then the problem might be something as basic as not having PHP installed (or correctly configured) on your web server.

Try contacting your web host to see if they can confirm if you have PHP installed on your hosting account and, if so, which version.

The problem may also be a pathing problem whereby the URL you are entering into your browser's address bar may be incorrect and you are not actually viewing the Showkase Server Compatibility Test or Showkase admin section files at all.
Please double-check that the URLs you are using are correct.

Also, please check to see if you have any rewrite or redirect rules in an .htaccess file on your web server which might be causing your problem.

It might also help if I were able to see the problem for myself so please post the URLs to your Showkase Server Compatibility Test and Showkase site itself and I will take a look and investigate further. Thank you.

Well I thought i replied to this a long time ago.. but, apparently it didn't post.  I contacted the hosting and got the PHP going (it wasn't there) which got me to the page I need to be on, but, now I click setup and it tells me to change the permissions, which I'd love to do, but, it doesn't give me that options when I look at it in the FTP folder. I looked it up in Fetch and it says that option should be there.  What am I doing wrong?

Ok... so I was able to rename it and get to the pop up that allows me to change permissions, but, it tells me "command not understood" in fetch.  I'm getting a little closer each time.. sigh.

You should be able to change permissions of files and folders within your Showkase directory in the 'System -> Files' section (by clicking the 'make writeable' links).
To change the permissions of other files and folders on your web server, try using a different FTP program such as Filezilla (right-click the file or folder and select 'File permissions...') or your web hosting CPanel's File Manager.
Default values of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.

Got it all squared away, however, new problem.  there are some photos that I upload and they will not show up. ever.  I've uploaded them several times and they never show up, and it's just certain pictures.  Ideas?

Nevermind.  The files were just too big.  Seems like it should give you a warning about that. But, I resized 'em and they showed up.  Thanks for reading. :)

I'm glad you've been able to resolve your problems.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.