Topic: "home" background image

Hi I would like to make an image into a background image which occupies the entire page. how do i pull it off? thx

Re: "home" background image

Go to 'Site -> Customize Theme', scroll down to the 'All Pages' section and enter the 'Background URL' that you would like to use for your background image. Alternatively, upload the image you would like to use to the Showkase Library ('Library -> Upload') and then select the image (back in the 'Site -> Customize Theme -> All Pages' section) using the 'Browse Library' button.
Make sure that you change the 'Background image style' from its default value of 'None', otherwise the selected image will not be displayed.
Also, if you want your background image to show through your gallery pages, you will need to make your gallery backgrounds transparent.
Juicebox: Go to 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Edit (Juicebox)' (or edit an individual gallery page), scroll down to 'Gallery Lite Options' and set the 'Gallery background color' opacity to zero.
SimpleViewer: Go to 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Edit (SimpleViewer)' (or edit an individual gallery page), scroll down to 'Gallery Standard Options' and select the 'Background transparent' checkbox.

HI Steven, there is no "all Page" section under "customize theme"...

do i have to update something to see it?

Please make sure that you are using the most recent version of Showkase (v1.3.2). Background image options were introduced in v1.1.0.
Instructions for upgrading Showkase can be found here and a list of changes between versions can be found here.