Topic: Flickr loading problem

My site does not load my Flickr Images anymore.
Even the Life demo from Showkase site does not load the Flickr pages.
Is there a problem?

Re: Flickr loading problem

Flickr have recently made a change to the way that API calls (which both Juicebox and SimpleViewer) must be made. Please see here for further details.

This issue has been already been addressed in the latest releases of both Juicebox and SimpleViewer and a new version of Showkase (with the new versions of the image viewers) will be released very soon.

In the meantime, you can upgrade your Showkase installation by downloading the latest versions of Juicebox and SimpleViewer and following the 'Installing a Pro Viewer' instructions here.
Even if you a not a Pro user, just download Juicebox-Lite and SimpleViewer-Standard and follow the instructions using the 'jbcore' and 'svcore' folders from these packages.

I did buy Showkase pro and Juicebox pro as well.
How can I download the latest version of Showkase pro?

You can download the latest versions of Showkase-Pro and Juicebox-Pro using the links provided in your original purchase email. If you cannot find your original purchase email or your links have expired, then please fill in this Download Link Request Form.

Please note that Showkase has not yet been updated with the new versions of Juicebox and SimpleViewer so your best bet at the moment would be to download Juicebox-Pro and follow the 'Installing a Pro Viewer' instructions here.

If you want to find out what the latest version numbers are for Showkase and Juicebox, you can check their respective Version History pages:
Showkase: http://showkase.net/support/history/
Juicebox: http://www.juicebox.net/support/history/

Hey Steven,

are there any news about the problem or Showkase-Update?

Best wishes from Germany
Frederic

Juicebox and SimpleViewer have both been updated to address the new SSL Flickr API requirements.
Showkase should hopefully be updated (with the new versions of Juicebox and SimpleViewer) sometime within the next day or two.

In the meantime, you can manually upgrade your existing Showkase installation with the new versions of Juicebox and SimpleViewer by downloading Juicebox and SimpleViewer individually and following the 'Installing a Pro Viewer' instructions here.

7 (edited by gvdkooij 2014-07-04 10:04:50)

It solved my problem!
Thanks again for reacting quickly with relevant answers!
I am impressed by your support!

Showkase v1.3.2 (including the new versions of both Juicebox v1.4.2 and SimpleViewer v2.3.2) has just been released.
Please see the Version History for a list of changes and the Upgrading Showkase page for details on how to download and install the latest version.