Topic: Embed Vimeo Video [SOLVED]

Hi there,
I have read the posts with no luck.  I am trying to embed a video from Vimeo (list view page).  I have pasted the embed code with the video number as instructed in the text edit screen (DIV- format).  I can see the video thumbnail in the text edit screen.  When I publish I can not see the video.  It shows up as a grey box with an x.  When I click the option of seeing the page in the navigation I can see the text link, and if I click on this text link (as well as the grey box with the X) it brings up the full screen video.  I want to make my video page like you have in your Demo 'PatrickSurace'.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the frame width (?) which I have tried changing with no luck.  Any help much appreciated [Kosel Theme]

Thanks

Re: Embed Vimeo Video [SOLVED]

The Vimeo videos embedded into the Patrick Surace demo are included on a 'Basic' page and the embedding code for each video looks something like this:

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="576" mozallowfullscreen="" src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/12345678?color=ffffff" webkitallowfullscreen="" width="1024"></iframe>

The embedding code would be entered into the text editor in 'Source' input mode.
Check that your embedding code looks like the above. (It sounds like you may be using some code other than an iframe.)
Further details on embedding Vimeo videos can be found here.
If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look and help further.

Hi again,
The code I had was the same as above (with the obvious changes for embedding my video) and I have changed the page from List View to Basic and nothing has changed.  I have tried altering the parameters for both frame size and column width with no luck.  I have also tried this in two browsers just in case.  I am still left with a link at the top, when Show in Nav option is chosen for the video page, but I can not see the video until I click on the link.  The address to the page is:

dmcphotography.com.au/videos

I have also noticed that on the Video page I have set up, the background image which I have selected from the Gallery is not showing up.  Again I have tried adjusting the options with no success.  Any help much appreciated.  I did have a look at the forum and could not find much relevant help.
Thanks

Your video is embedded on a 'Basic' page but you have grouped this page under the 'Videos' page which is a 'Gallery Index' page. Therefore, you need to click the 'Videos' link in the menu to see all pages grouped under the main 'Videos' page. You can then click the link to the 'Basic' page.

If you want the page your video is on (the 'Basic' page) to be a top level page (not grouped under any other pages), then edit the page and select 'none' for 'Group Under' in the 'Site Navigation section'. You can then delete the 'Videos' (Gallery Index) page and rename the 'Basic' page to 'Videos'.

Also, only gallery thumbnails (for Juicebox, ListViewer and SimpleViewer pages) are displayed on a 'Gallery Index' page and you have no galleries grouped under the 'Videos' page which is why nothing is displayed on the 'Videos' page itself. (It is not possible to automatically create a thumbnail page for videos like you can for image galleries.)

The background image you have set up for your 'Basic' page (Blank_Web.jpg) displays on you 'Basic' page as expected.
If you do not see this, then try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the page.

Legend,
All good, thanks heaps. 

Cheers