Topic: Adress problem

Hello, i have a problem with my internet site  display correctly after entering my address - www.adriansajko.com

I do not know how  can do it to my web site to show in properly when entering without "/ showkase".

Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: Adress problem

To install Showkase to the root of your website (so that users can view it without using the '/showkase' subdirectory), please see the instructions here.

3 (edited by adrian 2013-01-10 21:23:49)

I copied all the files to the main directory on the ftp server.

"Your web site address will be http://adriansajko.com/

Showkase has entered the installation path for this address in the box below – there is usually no need to change it.

Click the ‘Setup’ button to install or update."

When I pressed the "Setup" option, it displays the message: "Cannot find content folder".

I still do not understand what I'm doing wrong ... ?

As a test, I have just tried installing Showkase to the root directory of a web domain and it worked fine.
Make sure that the 'Path to your web site folder' on the setup page shows a single slash character '/'.
If this does not help, try installing and running the Showkase Server Compatibility Test on your server to check that it has all the features Showkase needs.

Compatibility test for me is green. I try install admin again. Thank You.

...and i have this :

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8470 … nerror.jpg

To install Showkase to the the root of your website:

Upload the contents of the ‘showkase’ folder to your server web root folder.
Browse to http://www.example.com/admin/ and click the 'Setup' button to run the installer.
Showkase is now ready to use! Click 'Add New Page' to get started.
Note that your temporary login is username: 'admin', password: 'admin'.

If you get error messages then change the permissions on the uploaded files to 0777, reload the browser page and and click 'Setup' again.

Permissions 0777 work fine for me and admin too. Now i have other probblem , when i click "Publish" :

" 403 Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this document. "

Strange, but i have Simplewiever Pro gallery and work very good without any probblems . Maybe I'm wrong then i think its not probblem with my server . Maybe

Hi All,

I too am new to showkase, and am having the same issue as Adrian.  Any help would be much appreciated!  I've gone through the above listed advice, including the recommended links, and have replicated all the same problems as Adrian. 

I'm shooting to have my showkase site appear directly at my url:  "www.example.com",  and not "www.example.com/showkase/"  as it appears now.

Zach

I realise that you want Showkase to be installed in your root directory but have you tried installing Showkase to a folder of its own (e.g. the default setting of '/showkase/')? Are the same error messages displayed (i.e. are the problems directly related to trying to install Showkase to the root directory or more generally server-related)?

11 (edited by adrian 2013-01-14 13:57:14)

I think the best way for you will make a graphic example in the form of screenshots - step by step in terms of the directory tree on the server. This whole situation has been going on almost a week and I'm completely without a website. I decided to invest a certain amount of money (this is not a large amount, I know) in the admin panel, picture gallery with the idea that I will be able to do it easily and pleasantly. I do not know as I like to bite. The situation became quite not very. I do not have any pretensions to you - that it was clear, however, if within three days you will not be able to help me with this I will be forced to turn to you for a refund (again Thanks in advance for your help.

PS

I asked a friend for help and he said that I've done everything according to the instructions and you should be OK. Yes, unfortunately it is not and that is why I decided to ask you for a solution, which I described above.

greetings

I seem to have solved my problem.

What I did, was go login via FTP to my web host.  Previously, under the Public_html folder existed two items: the Showkase directory folder which has my website, and another htaccess.html file.  To rectify my problem, I simply moved all of the files from the showkase directory, and dropped them back into my public_html directory.  I then deleted the directory labeled showkase altogether.

After that, when accessing my url from a browser, I was prompted by the showkase app, telling me it needed to be properly setup.  Now, for the first time in this process,  I could finally delete the url extension in the box labeled "path to your website folder", after which I was given a confirmation message saying my website was setup properly.  Everything seems to work smoothly now,  no index page when I access my url from a browser.

Previously, under the Public_html folder existed two items: the Showkase directory folder which has my website, and another htaccess.html file.  To rectify my problem, I simply moved all of the files from the showkase directory, and dropped them back into my public_html directory.  I then deleted the directory labeled showkase altogether.

That is correct. To install Showkase to the root of your website, it is necessary to upload the contents of the 'showkase' folder (not the 'showkase' folder itself) to your server web root folder.