Topic: Site Heading Font Size [SOLVED]

I would like to change the font size of the Nav Names "HOME", "GALLERY" etc. from the 16px in styles.css to 20px. Also the Site Heading h1 from 32px up to 40px. is this possible ?

Re: Site Heading Font Size [SOLVED]

It is possible to increase the Font Base Size in the 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Fonts' section.

If you just want to change the font size for the site header and navigation names, then you can add the following code to your chosen theme's 'custom.css' file, e.g. '_themes/kosel/css/custom.css':

header h1 {
    font-size: 60px !important;
}

header nav ul li a {
    font-size: 20px !important;
}

Thank you Steven, that fix works fine. I wasted a year trying to build a gallery site with HTML and was giving up until I found Showkase , what a great product.

You're welcome.
I'm glad you are getting on well with Showkase!

Now the Site is complete how do I activate it with my web hosting site? Does their software find the index.php in the Showkase file? Do I need to register my proof of purchase to enable the licence and do I need to purchase another licence for another website build? Sorry the First Site always throws up questions.

There is no activation or registration required.
Once you upload Showkase to your web server and start creating pages, your Showkase site is live.

If you plan to create a development or test site before your main website goes live, then please see the Managing Multiple Sites support section.

do I need to purchase another licence for another website build?

Please see this FAQ:
How many websites can I use Showkase on?
(You need a Showkase licence for each website domain.)

I still have a question on the same subject. I tried the same thing but I could not go bigger than 18 for the font size. I would like to use 25 but when I do it the font doesn't show entirely.

@gustavocampos1

The 'Base font size (px)' in the interface goes up to only 16. All values set within the interface should result in a layout that looks OK.

Adding custom CSS can cause knock-on effects that might need to be resolved (as you have discovered).

If you find that your text is not being displayed in its entirety, then you may need to expand the container it is in with further CSS rules.

If the problem you are having is that you are using the Kosel theme and the top of the menu text is disappearing, try adding the following to your '_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file:

nav ul {
    padding-top: 5px;
}

If this does not help, then please post the URL to your web site so that I can take a look and help further.

Incidentally, if you are not already using the current version of Showkase (v1.3.0), you can upgrade following the instructions here.

Thank you so much. That worked very well. Another question, I am using my logo on the header, can I link it to something ?

Another question, I am using my logo on the header, can I link it to something ?

Yes. Go to 'Site -> Site Settings' and enter the URL you wish to use in the 'Site Header -> Site header link' text field.