Topic: Divider line on index pages missing [SOLVED]

I'm noticing that that on index pages there is no dividing line at the bottom in the kosel theme there is no dividing line at the bottom of the page.  Is there a way to make it appear? 

Also, in the "about" page the space between the main body text and the bottom line is very tight.  How might I move that?

Lastly, I'd like to tighten up the space between the bottom line and the copyright.  Probably the answer is the same as the above but I've not been able to solve this puzzle.

Re: Divider line on index pages missing [SOLVED]

I'm noticing that that on index pages there is no dividing line at the bottom in the kosel theme there is no dividing line at the bottom of the page.  Is there a way to make it appear?

Open your '_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file in a plain text editor and add code such as the following:

.type-galleryindex section.content {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #2B2B2B;
}

Also, in the "about" page the space between the main body text and the bottom line is very tight.  How might I move that?

If you want to add some space between the bottom of the body text and the horizontal separator, add one (or more) HTML line breaks at the end of the content. In the text editor, click on 'Source' button and add <br>.
Alternatively, if you are not in 'Source' mode, just go to the bottom of the text and hit the enter/return key a few times.

Lastly, I'd like to tighten up the space between the bottom line and the copyright.

Open your '_themes/kosel/css/custom.css' file in a plain text editor and add code such as the following:

footer {
    margin-top: 1em;
}

(The default 'margin-top' for the footer is 2em.)

The best way to go about making such tweaks (ie. things that cannot be changed within the Showkase interface) is to fire up your browser's developer tools, determine the ids and classes of the elements that you want to change and add custom CSS to your theme's 'custom.css' file.

The two CSS portions you listed worked just fine, thanks.  Unfortunately the <br> approach doesn't work on my About page as I'm using 3-column style and can't control which of the columns is longest.  Is there a way to do this with CSS?  I've tried several but no success...

Try adding the following code to the 'custom.css' file (changing the pixel value as required):

.type-about div.body-content {
    padding-bottom: 50px;
}

Cool, thanks.  This worked but your guidance got me there

.type-basic div.body-content {
    padding-bottom: 1em !important;
    margin-bottom: 0em;
}

One more question about themes... if I wanted to make a clone of my theme with different colors, can I just duplicated the kosel directory and have the alternate theme show up in showKase?  Or is there a proper way to add a theme?

Please see the Creating Themes support section.
This should hopefully answer your questions.

Perfect... thanks.