Topic: Import existing gallery.xml

I have lots of previously created juice box galleries each with it's respective settings in the gallery.xml file. Is there any way to import these into showcase galleries while maintaining edibility via the showcase admin tool? Recreating all the settings in the showcase admin would be very cumbersome.

I have tried to replace the existing config.xml files with the content of the gallery.xml. It works but only unless I do not touch the page in the admin tool. Once I change anything in the admin tool all settings are falling back to the initial showcase settings.

Re: Import existing gallery.xml

You can import Juicebox (and SimpleViewer) galleries into a Showkase installation and once they have been imported, each gallery will be given its own genuine Showkase page (just like if the gallery had been created by Showkase itself) which can subsequently be edited within the Showkase interface.

Just upload your complete gallery folders to your web server (I would recommend uploading the gallery folders to somewhere outside your Showkase directory) and go to the 'Site -> Import' section. Further instructions can be found on the 'Import' page itself.

Please note that this functionality was introduced in Showkase v1.1.0.
For a full list of changes, please see the Version History.
Instructions for upgrading Showkase can be found here.

I have created a directory under the root of my webpage called /teszt, here I have the Showkase installation. I have created a directory /teszt/2014001, here I have copied an old Juicebox gallery. I have pointed the Import function to the /teszt/2014001 directory, but it says "no importable galleries found". Any idea what am I doing wrong?

As I noted earlier, I would not recommend trying to import any galleries located within your Showkase directory (though it should still work). If you are trying to import a gallery whose folder is named '2014001' and is located in the root Showkase directory, then Showkase will not be able to create a Showkase page/folder for the gallery in the root Showkase directory using the same name as it will already exist. Showkase will have to name the folder '2014001-2'.

With regard to your problem of not having your Juicebox gallery recognised by Showkase, make sure that your gallery's 'jbcore' folder is located in the root of the gallery folder (just like a gallery created by JuiceboxBuilder). If you have changed the structure of your gallery (using a baseUrl), then Showkase will not recognise the folder as a Juicebox gallery.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to Juicebox gallery folder you are trying to import so that I can take a look and help further.

I have changed the setup as advised. Now Showkase is in the /teszt folder while the gallery to be imported is in /kepek folder. While trying to import I make reference to /kepek but it does not work. I have not altered the location of the jbcore folder within the gallery.

The url to the juice box gallery is  lillin.hu/kepek

Please give it a check.

I see no reason why the import should not work. (You are using the current version of Showkase, your Juicebox folder is of a standard structure and complete and both your Showkase installation and Juicebox gallery folder are on the same domain).

Make sure that you are entering the correct path in the 'Import path' input field.

If your Showkase installation is in its own folder in your root directory and the gallery you are trying to import is in a folder located alongside your Showkase installation, then the 'Import path' you should enter is simply '/'.
Showkase will look for gallery folders in the import path you specify.
You should specify the path of the directory containing the gallery folder, not the path of the gallery folder itself. In doing so, Showkase is able to import multiple galleries at once (if many gallery folders are in a single directory).