1 (edited by RedwoodTree 2013-11-28 03:05:14)

Topic: Page Padding

Hi, I just can't seem to get the gallery viewer to "shrink" to be 1024 x 625 exactly. It keeps adding a lot of space top and bottom. I've tried to turn off everything except the pictures...any suggestions welcome... The other pages don't seem to have this issue, only the home page, which is designed as a simpleviewer page.

http://www.tlphoto.com

thanks!

Re: Page Padding

Showkase tries to fit the whole height of the gallery into a web page. Sometimes this means it has to shrink the image.

You could try reducing the overall height of your logo by trimming some of the transparent pixels at the top and bottom. The logo is currently pushing the page content down by around 34px.

If you don't want to mess with your logo then you can fine tune the gallery fitting settings in the Site > Customize Theme screen under Gallery Pages. Please see the gallery fitting section in http://showkase.net/support/guide/#site for more details.

The problem for you at the moment is that the gallery fitting settings will affect all galleries so it could be difficult to find the optimum for the home page and all your other galleries. The next version of Showkase, due shortly, will allow you to adjust the gallery fitting for each page  independently.

jack

Well, I guess I would like to ask for a bit more control over sizing then. I would like to be able to set the exact size for a gallery, the images, show thumbnails yes/no, show caption yes/no. That would avoid all of these sizing issues I think...Maybe that can be in a future version.

the images,

It is not possible to set exact sizes for images in a Juicebox-Pro gallery. The size of the image area within a gallery will depend on a number of factors:
(1) The size of the user's browser window.
(2) Whether or not space is reserved in the gallery for other elements (such as thumbnails, captions, gallery title).

If you use SimpleViewer-Pro and use a Fixed Layout, you can specify exact dimensions for the gallery's image area via the imageAreaWidth and imageAreaHeight configuration options.

show thumbnails yes/no,

You can hide thumbnails in a Juicebox-Pro gallery by setting showThumbsOnLoad="FALSE" and showSmallThumbsOnLoad="FALSE". (You can also hide the Thumbnail Button (to prevent users from displaying thumbnails) by setting showThumbsButton="FALSE" and showSmallThumbsButton="FALSE".)
For a SimpleViewer-Pro gallery, set thumbPosition="NONE".

show caption yes/no

You can hide captions in a Juicebox-Pro gallery by setting captionPosition="NONE".
For a SimpleViewer-Pro gallery, set captionPosition="NONE".

Please feel free to post suggestions for future versions of Showkase in the Feature Requests forum thread.
It keeps them all together and ensures that they are not overlooked.