Topic: Can't install although all settings are right

Hello, I bought Showkase for my photography website. I run this website on my own (Synology DSM 4.3) server. I changed the permissions of the web folder to read and write and I successfully ran the sktest thing I downloaded from your support site. Every test ran successfully but still I get the message "Cannot create Showkase data folder" when I hit the setup button. Hope you can help me out...

I made screenshots of the tests but it seems I'm not allowed to post them here :-(

2 (edited by iblauw 2013-10-31 16:30:26)

Re: Can't install although all settings are right

Little update: I reinstalled everything, changed permissions again and now it says your website is setup.

Only I'm getting a new error message now:
No page records to rebuild
Cannot read /volume1/web/showkase/_themes/@eaDir/theme.ini

New update: Hope I can help other Synology users here. It seems the Synologye creates this @eaDir directory everywhere. This directory stores thumbnails and stuff and seems to be related to iTunes server being installed on the Synology. I removed iTunes from my Synology and removed these hidden directories. I hope the Synology stops recreating these directories.

I logged into my Synology using SSH through the OSX Terminal (external connection). Don't forget to re-activate the Admin account on your Synology and use the user "root" to login and use the Admin password. Navigate to the Showkase folder and remove the @eaDir directory in "themes" Now it should work :)

I hope Showkase kan reprogram things so it won't be disturbed by this @eaDir directory....

Re: Can't install although all settings are right

It would certainly be wise to avoid having any directories created within your Showkase installation which have not been generated by Showkase itself, especially ones which contain non-web-safe characters such as @.

A quick web search reveals that you are not the only one to be troubled by the @eaDir folders that Synology creates.

However, I am glad that you have found a solution to your problem. Thank you for sharing.