Topic: 2 Col Content Control

Is there a way, when site is in 2 column layout, to put a "marker" somewhere in the body content which indicates where the column split should go? Right now, I have to add random new blank lines to "try" to coax it to match up the output to be aligned into two cols like I want, but it breaks depending on how the browser shows it.

Also, I've used bolded text in the content via editor on page, and the site ignores the bold when showing the content.

Re: 2 Col Content Control

Is there a way, when site is in 2 column layout, to put a "marker" somewhere in the body content which indicates where the column split should go?

This may be difficult to achieve. Even if you were to introduce the column-width CSS property (in your current theme's 'custom.css' file), its value "is not a absolute value but a mere hint". Please see this web page for details. It may not be easy to set all the required values to fix a column width without breaking the layout of the page.

Also, I've used bolded text in the content via editor on page, and the site ignores the bold when showing the content.

As long as you are in 'Source' input mode, either of the following should work fine:

This is <b>bold</b> text.
This is <span style="font-weight: bold;">bold</span> text.

3 (edited by RedwoodTree 2013-10-10 17:32:45)

RE: cols...I think I may have not explained it properly. I'm willing to let the tool/site (CSS) set the two cols and their width. However, I'd like to dictate "where" in my content (length) the first column ends. So the content thereafter would start at the top of the page again in the 2nd col.

The tool (or maybe browser/CSS) currently attempts to "guess" about 1/2 of the content and splits it (randomly) there into first and 2nd col.

RE: bolding...I'm using the editor in normal mode (in this case), and it's inserting <strong></strong> tags which should work also I believe? They don't render strong however. The <b> tags do work. I would suggest the CSS should be updated to honor strong tags also since the editor is using them.

However, I'd like to dictate "where" in my content (length) the first column ends. So the content thereafter would start at the top of the page again in the 2nd col.

As far as I am aware, this is not possible.

They don't render strong however.

<strong> tags are rendered by default in Boma but not in Kosel and Zero themes.
For Kosel, open the 'showkase/_themes/kosel/css/styles.css' page in a plain text editor and change line 271 from:

em, b {

... to:

em, b, strong {

For Zero, open the 'showkase/_themes/zero/css/styles.css' page in a plain text editor and do likewise for line 46.
Please note that the line numbers refer to the current version of Showkase (v1.1.0).

I would suggest the CSS should be updated to honor strong tags also since the editor is using them.

Thank you for pointing this out. I have notified the developers and this should be fixed in the next version of Showkase.