1 (edited by NathanJK 2013-10-07 20:33:12)

Topic: I can't post anything that has a picture, a link, etc.

I've about had it, I've tried for 30 minutes now to make a post.  I even did a screenshot of the text of the post, and tried putting that image in this post.  No matter what, the forum software says the following:

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:

Too many links in message. Allowed 0 links. Reduce number of links and post it again.

ETA: WOW, amazingly I managed to get a post to go up!

Re: I can't post anything that has a picture, a link, etc.

The forum does not allow images to be posted.
If you want to share a screenshot, please upload it to your own web server or a file-sharing service such as Dropbox and post a link to it.

The forum also does not allow links to be included in a user's first post as an anti-spam measure.
If a user really needs to post a link in a first post, it can be disguised as follows:
http://www.example.com -> www (dot) example (dot) com

However, as this was not your first post, you should have been able to post links.
I have checked the forum settings and all looks to be OK.

3 (edited by NathanJK 2013-10-08 21:53:15)

Re: I can't post anything that has a picture, a link, etc.

Well, that explains the issue with the image, but not the other problem.  I tried disguising the links exactly as I did the first time I posted here and they wouldn't work.  As a test, I'll try again:

shuttersnapstudios(dotcom)/index
shuttersnapstudios(dotcom)

Those are the two that wouldn't work.

ETA: now they seem to work fine, I'll try posting a new thread with my my real problem now.  Thanks!

ETA...again: Nevermind, still doesn't work.  I had to go with a pseudo-link to an image of the text.  There's no links anywhere in it.  I have no idea what the problem is.