Topic: adjusting padding/positioning

I would like to close the gap between the main image on the homepage (djphoto.com/work1) and the text block below it. If I center align the main image things look more balanced with the current position of the text, but ideally I would like to move them both upward. Does the current version of Showkase have a way to raise the text block as well or is there some other way to make this happen?

Re: adjusting padding/positioning

The gap you refer to is the lower part of your Juicebox gallery.
If you set imageVAlign="CENTER" rather than imageVAlign="TOP", then the gap will be reduced (the main image will be vertically centered in the gallery's image area rather than aligned to the top, which leaves a noticeable gap at the bottom).
Your gallery also uses the default value for imageScaleMode ('SCALE_DOWN') so images smaller than the gallery's image area are not scaled up to fill it. Try either feeding your Juicebox gallery larger images (so that they are always large enough to have to be scaled down and fill the image area either left-to-right or top-to-bottom, depending on their aspect ratio) or set imageScaleMode="SCALE".
Another solution might be to reduce the height of your Juicebox gallery in 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Gallery Pages -> External Fit px'. Enter a negative value to reduce the height of the gallery.

If you set imageVAlign="CENTER" rather than imageVAlign="TOP", then the gap will be reduced (the main image will be vertically centered in the gallery's image area rather than aligned to the top, which leaves a noticeable gap at the bottom).

I have tried this and it does look better, but what I really want to do is raise the text to avoid so much scrolling downward on the homepage.

Your gallery also uses the default value for imageScaleMode ('SCALE_DOWN') so images smaller than the gallery's image area are not scaled up to fill it. Try either feeding your Juicebox gallery larger images (so that they are always large enough to have to be scaled down and fill the image area either left-to-right or top-to-bottom, depending on their aspect ratio) or set imageScaleMode="SCALE".

Some time ago I had the site set-up as you are suggesting, but there were some problems I was encountering and I changed it to the current settings per your suggestion. I don't remember exactly what the original problem was.

Another solution might be to reduce the height of your Juicebox gallery in 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Gallery Pages -> External Fit px'. Enter a negative value to reduce the height of the gallery.

Is it possible to do this without affecting other pages of the site? The homepage is the only page with this issue.

Is it possible to do this without affecting other pages of the site? The homepage is the only page with this issue.

No, not through the interface. The 'External fit px' field is theme-wide and applied to all galleries.
Perhaps the easiest way would be to manually modify your home page.
Open the page in a plain text editor, search for fitGallery and increase the 'offset' parameter in the fitGallery function call.
This modification will be lost if you update your page within the Showkase interface but it is a quick and easy solution which you can implement if and when required.

Awesome! It would be great if the setting didn't get lost during an update, but most importantly this is exactly how I wanted the spacing on the page! Thank you for the tip!