Topic: Google Analytics?

Where/how do I add Google Analytics  tracking code in Showkase? Google says to add it just before the closing </head> tag. Is there somewhere in the Showkase admin to do this? If not, do I add it via ftp somehow?  _themes > kosel > js ?

Re: Google Analytics?

Is there somewhere in the Showkase admin to do this? If not, do I add it via ftp somehow?  _themes > kosel > js ?

No. The <head> section of the Kosel theme can be found in the '_themes\kosel\pagetypes\layout.tpl' file.
Insert your Google Analytics code immediately before the closing </head> tag in this file.

Google Analytics support is coming in the next version.

:) Thanks.

I tried to implement the Google Analytics code into the  '_themes\kosel\pagetypes\layout.tpl' file...

But Google told me that the tracking is not implemented...

When will the next Showkase version released?

thanks

Unfortunately, there is no set date for the release of the next version.
Any estimate I give you could turn out to be wholly inaccurate and give you false expectations. All I can say is that it will be released when it is ready and that should hopefully be sooner rather than later. I hope you understand.

I added a separate splash page index.php  (this is the only page of my site that is not the Kosel template, just my own custom HTML and CSS) and added the GoogleAnalytics code on that page: http://www.petraluz.com/

The Analytics report shows that Google has tracked the inside pages as well. Maybe use this as a workaround?

Note that my Showkase installation and Showkase pages are all one level deeper on the server than the splash page.

I'm trying to use the GA feature in the current version but nothing is tracking. Does this feature still work?

engelphotographic -dot- com

Does this feature still work?

Yes. Your Google Analytics code appears in each of your web pages just before the closing </head> tag (as recommended here) so it should be working fine.

Thanks. The issue was that it didn't work with the new "universal" GA. I had to switch back to classic GA mode.