Topic: Cannot get image size for images/filename.jpg

Hi there,

I'm trying to add more images to a Juicebox gallery on my website using Showkase's back end.  I've already successfully created 3 galleries, and filled those galleries with a varying number of many images.  Unfortunately, when I try to make a 4th Juicebox gallery and add images to that; no matter how hard to try to add more than 1 image to that gallery, the rest of the images aside from the first image I chose to upload, fail to be added to the actual HTML5 code.  I get this error when attempting to upload:

"cannot get image size for images/filename.jpg in image.php line 107"

For ever subsequent image I attempt to upload to that gallery. I can add more images to the existing galleries I've created, I just can't create a new gallery and upload more than 1 image to that Juicebox gallery.  I've tried using the numerous rebuild and reinstall functions in the Showkase back end, but with no success.  I've tried using the Flash and Basic uploader and nothing either.  I've also noticed that all the images I've selected to upload, are actually physically uploaded to my FTP into the proper folder, but for some reason, Showkase can't create proper code for a Juicebox gallery? I'm pretty confused as to why.  I thought it was cause I ran out of space on my FTP; nope.

Any ideas?

Stuart

Re: Cannot get image size for images/filename.jpg

I have not been able to replicate this problem myself.
The error message itself results from a failure to get the image size using the PHP function getimagesize so, ordinarily, this would suggest a problem with your PHP installation or with a specific image that you are trying to add to a gallery or with the path to the image on your web server.
If you have been able to create other Juicebox galleries OK, then it would appear that your web server's PHP installation is fine.
If the error message is displayed with different images when uploading them to your 4th gallery but not when uploading them to other galleries, then it would appear that there is no problem with the images themselves.
This leaves the theory that there may be a problem with the path to the images (the full path is required to feed the image to the getimagesize function).
Check your 4th gallery's folder name to see if there are any non-alphanumeric characters in the page's title which might be tripping up the getimagesize function.