1 (edited by hellweiss 2013-05-03 05:41:11)

Topic: Menu Icon disappears when inside a juicebox gallery |small screen mode

Dear Showkase Team,

I have a small problem with Showkase + using Kosel theme: When viewing my homepage in SMALL screen mode (on my iPhone or when reducing the size of the browser window) and I'm inside a gallery the menu icon does not appear. Instead there is a "#" symbol.

Please find a screenshot showing that problem here: EDIT: Test installation removed

On other pages like gallery index page or contact page everything is normal. Also this doesn't happen at all when using Boma theme.

Both, Showkase and Juicebox, are Pro versions. Showkase 1.0.3 and Juicebox 1.3.0.
EDIT: updgraded to Juicebox 1.3.1 , but still the same problem.

Do you have any advice on this?

Thanks in advance!
Kind Regards, Lutz

My homepage is: hellweiss.de

Re: Menu Icon disappears when inside a juicebox gallery |small screen mode

I see the problem on your web site but have been unable to replicate it in a test Showkase-Pro v1.0.3 installation.
It looks like a missing font from certain pages (your home page and gallery pages).
I would first try re-uploading the '_themes/kosel/' folder to your web server to ensure that all files are present and correct. Be sure to make a backup of the existing '_themes/kosel/' folder first, just in case anything goes wrong or if you have modified any files (such as 'css/custom.css') that you might want to reinstate at a later date.
Then rebuild your home and gallery pages (there should be no need to rebuild the galleries themselves, just the pages they are in) and finally clear your browser's cache before reloading your site to see if this has helped.

3 (edited by hellweiss 2013-05-02 10:02:33)

Hi Steven;

Thank you for your fast reply.
I did everything you suggested, but unfortunately without success.
I deleted all three themes and completly re-uploaded these via FTP (from showkase 1.0.3 zip file). After that re-created all gallery pages.

Could it be possible that there are some problems with CSS between Showkase Kosel Theme and Juicebox 1.3.1 (and 1.3.0)?
Do you use Juicebox 1.3.1 in your Showkase test installation, too?

BR, Lutz

Do you use Juicebox 1.3.1 in your Showkase test installation, too?

Yes. I used Showkase-Pro v1.0.3 with both Juicebox-Pro v1.3.0 and Juicebox-Pro v1.3.1.

The problem occurs only on your pages which have Juicebox galleries so it does look like a Juicebox-related problem but I still cannot replicate the problem myself.

Try installing a fresh installation of Showkase (into a completely different folder to your existing Showkase installation so as not to interfere with it) and create a Juicebox gallery page with the new installation to see if the problem still occurs.
If you upload the Showkase zip file to your web server and unzip the file on the server (from within your web account's CPanel), the whole process should take only a few minutes and might give us some useful information.

Also, please try installing and running the Showkase Server Compatibility Test.
It sounds unlikely that any problems will be highlighted but if you run the test then we can rule this out.

5 (edited by hellweiss 2013-05-03 05:40:45)

Hi Steven,

I did as you told me.

EDIT: Test installation removed

I first installed SK with Juicebox 1.3.1 and the same error showed up.
Then I downgraded Juicebox to 1.2 lite and did a repair, "Reinstall all viewers" + re-published the gallery page --> error gone.

Then I switched back to Juicebox 1.3.1 and did a repair, "Reinstall all viewers" + re-published the gallery page  --> error back :(

EDIT: Test installation removed

Since folders on my server weren't writable per default and since I didn't want to chmod 777 all folders, I did chown the showkase folder and all sub-solders to the PHP-User; which worked fine until Juicebox Pro 1.3.1 with Kosel Theme.
UPDATE: Now I also set permissions to 777 to all files and folders, did a repair, "Reinstall all viewers" + re-published the gallery page, ... but this doesn't help. I'll switch back now.

Seems like Showkase 1.0.3 + Juicebox 1.3 + Kosel theme in combination cause the problem.
Maybe a CSS problem with Kosel + juicebox 1.3?
Any ideas?

Thank you very much for the additional information.
I have now been able to reproduce the issue myself and have logged a bug report with the developers.
It does, indeed, seem to be a conflict between Showkase v1.0.3 and Juicebox-Pro v1.3.0/Juicebox-Pro v1.3.1 though I do not know the exact cause of the problem, and unfortunately do not have a solution at the moment.
However, having notified the developers, this bug should hopefully be fixed in the next version.
Thank you for reporting the bug.

7 (edited by markrob2 2013-05-03 02:02:17)

I have the same problem. # symbol appears on Juicebox gallery page on the iPhone when using the Kosel theme.

8 (edited by hellweiss 2013-05-03 05:42:03)

Thank you!
In the meantime I'll use Boma theme.

A fix will be included in the next version of Showkase but, until then, you can make the change manually by editing the '_themes/kosel/css/styles.css' file in a plain text editor and changing line 31 from:

[data-icon]:before {

... to:

#menu-anchor [data-icon]:before {

(The line number above refers to Showkase v1.0.3.)

10 (edited by markrob2 2013-05-03 13:33:23)

That worked! Thanks!

Works perfekt!
Thank you for your excellent support and the fast fix! :)