Topic: Error Message

I just purchased Showcase for a web design job. I was able to get it working on a test server but when I installed it on the client's server (which is where it really needs to be installed) every time I try to save or publish my changes I get the following error message:

Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /home/newtexlandscape/public_html/skgallery/admin/classes/nav.php on line 64

I'm not much of a PHP coder so... what does this error message mean? I've tried clearing the cache and closing and re-opening my browser. I'm using the most up to date version of Firefox.

Re: Error Message

Please install and run the Showkase Server Compatibility Test to check that your client's server has all the features Showkase needs. The Showkase Server Compatibility Test can be downloaded from here.
It looks like the line that the error message refers to relies on the DOM XML parser extension being installed in your PHP installation. The 'Basic tests' (on the first tab of the Showkase Server Compatibility Test) should pick this up and let you know whether XML DOM functions are available or not.

3 (edited by alisa 2013-03-19 21:06:12)

Hello and thank you for your reply. I actually did the server tests and it said they were all passed. Even the sessions test. I already deleted the server test folder from the server after installing it there & running all the tests... I thought maybe it was doing this because I had already installed Showkase on a different server previously to test it? I have since deleted it from the first server I'd installed it on, but am still getting the error message.

Ran the test again to be sure. It said  XML DOM functions     available    ✔   with a green checkmark.

Thank you again for your assistance.

A workaround for this issue is to make sure there is at least one page with Show in Nav checked in the Page Customize screen.

The issue will be fixed in the next Showkase release.

jack