Topic: uploading showkase

imposible to upload the file .htaccess during the uploading of showcase to my site directory

Re: uploading showkase

now, trying to use showkase, Most of the time i've this kind of error message
Cannot create theme data folder, changes will not be saved.
Unable to create image directory
Cannot find gallery folder ../../../photographies/_library/

Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/_data/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/_library/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/_showkase/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/_smarty/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/_themes/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/_trash/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/admin/
    Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for ../../../photographies/gallery/

It sounds like your web host may not allow you to upload files and folders which begin with characters such as . (such as the .htaccess file) and _ (such as the _themes folder).
Please check with your web host to determine what files you can and cannot upload to your web space.
Also, check the permissions on your 'photographies' folder and try running the Showkase Server Compatibility Test on your server to check that it has all the features Showkase needs.

hello,
first: yes i did run the show kase server compatibilty and all was ok and yes also, i cannot use a file beginning by "."
so what can i do know?

Rather than extract the 'showkase-pro.zip' file to your hard drive and upload the unzipped archive to your web server, try uploading the zip file directly to your web server. Then login to your hosting account's CPanel (through a browser interface) and try unzipping the file on your web server using the 'Extract' functionality of your CPanel's file manager.