Topic: Showkase background color settings

I am fine tuning an older Showkase/Juicebox Pro website: lesmithart.com, by changing the color schemes, especially the background colors.
The overall background color is easily changed in the Cutomize Theme (Kosel, by the way), but the basic page background does not change. How do I change the background color of the Basic Page? Does this require a custom style sheet or css?

Re: Showkase background color settings

If you use a 'custom' Color Scheme, then the background color of a Basic page (all pages, in fact) should be controlled by the 'Background color' in the Custom Palette.
I've just checked this for a Basic page in a test Showkase v1.7.6 site (using the Kosel theme) and it works as expected for me.

If the background color of your Basic page does not seem to follow the 'Background color' in the Custom Palette, then try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your web page to see if this makes a difference. Otherwise, try loading your web page in a different browser (one which you have not used to view your site before) to make sure that browser caching is not the cause of your problem.

It might also be worth checking in with your web host to make sure that there is no server-side caching active on your hosting account.

Hopefully this will help.
Please let me know how you get on. Thank you.

I notice that you are using a custom.css file (_themes/kosel/css/custom.css) which sets background-color: #E9E3D3; for #wrapper.
This will override the color set in the Showkase admin so you might need to remove this custom CSS for admin-set colors to work.

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

I notice that you are using a custom.css file (_themes/kosel/css/custom.css) which sets background-color: #E9E3D3; for #wrapper.
This will override the color set in the Showkase admin so you might need to remove this custom CSS for admin-set colors to work.

It is complicated. The site is structured to have a monitor-wide background color, currently set to #A39E90 in the Kosel custom palette. That site is set to 1920px W x 1080px H. But then, there is the Main content section that contains the header, some other info, and a Juicebox gallery set. The background for the Juicebox gallery is set also to the #E9E3D3 in the Customize Viewer options.

And finally, somewherre in ancient history, I set the background for the Basic Page in the custom.css file that you mention. If that is where I need to set it, so be it. I was hoping there would be (I think there should be) a place to set that background color separately from the overall background color that is set by the theme.

Unfortunately, this is no way to change the background color of an individual page from within the admin.
You'd need to do this with some custom CSS in the custom.css file.
You can, however, target individual pages (or page types) using this method.
Check out your page's <body> tag in your web browser's Developer Tools -> Page Source for classes that might help in targeting your page.
You might find something like this:

<body class="light type-basic page-12 group-0  body-arial headings-arial ">

You could target this page using the 'page-12' class (each page has a unique page number), e.g:

.page-12 {
    background-color: #000000;
}

... or you could target all basic pages as follows:

.type-basic {
    background-color: #000000;
}

I hope this points you in the right direction.
However, if you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL of the web page and let me know what color you'd like it's background to be and I'll see if I can help further.
Thank you..