Topic: Gallery Thumbnail picture "X" [SOLVED]

Hi,

So im having this issue where i right now have two galleries in a gallery page, they are named Portraits and FAN, one has gotten a thumbnail i havent selected, and i can't seem to be able to change it, even if the picture is removed the thumbnail stays.

Second one the "FAN" one just has a big "X" over it, am i not understanding something there? Or how do i actually select what thumbnails i want to show in the gallery tab?

2 (edited by kforsberg 2021-11-04 23:26:19)

Re: Gallery Thumbnail picture "X" [SOLVED]

kforsberg wrote:

Hi,

So i'm having this issue where i right now have two galleries in a gallery page, they are named Portraits and FAN, one has gotten a thumbnail i haven't selected, and i can't seem to be able to change it, even if the picture is removed the thumbnail stays.

Second one the "FAN" one just has a big "X" over it, am i not understanding something there? Or how do i actually select what thumbnails i want to show in the gallery tab?

did some reading from other forum posts as well, and i handle my own server, so restarted it so caching cant be a thing, ran the compatibility test and it ran just fine with all checks passing.

Memory limit in the php.ini is set to "memory_limit = 1024M"

EDIT: So i just waited like an hour now after i re-arranged the order in the gallery? Is it like this that the first image in the order is the thumbnail?

And it seems impossible that showkase should cache or que that change for an hour or so??

By default, Showkase uses the first image in the gallery as the representing thumbnail on the gallery index page.
You can choose any gallery image you like for the gallery index page thumbnail as follows:
(1) Edit the gallery page (on the 'Pages' tab).
(2) Go to the 'Images' tab.
(3) Select the image you want as your representing image in the 'Index' column.
(4) Click 'Save' and then 'Publish'.

Please note that if you rearrange the order of images in the gallery, then it will be the original first image (before reordering) that will be used as the representing image (unless you change it as above).

Showkase has no caching functionality built-in at all. Changes are made instantly and you should see them immediately after publishing.

If you do not see changes immediately after making them, then try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your web page (or view your web page in a different browser that has not been used to view the web page before). This should let you know whether browser caching is at the root of your problem.

If this does not help, then it would appear that there is some server-side caching going on that you might need to investigate further.

I hope these notes help.

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

By default, Showkase uses the first image in the gallery as the representing thumbnail on the gallery index page.
You can choose any gallery image you like for the gallery index page thumbnail as follows:
(1) Edit the gallery page (on the 'Pages' tab).
(2) Go to the 'Images' tab.
(3) Select the image you want as your representing image in the 'Index' column.
(4) Click 'Save' and then 'Publish'.

Please note that if you rearrange the order of images in the gallery, then it will be the original first image (before reordering) that will be used as the representing image (unless you change it as above).

Showkase has no caching functionality built-in at all. Changes are made instantly and you should see them immediately after publishing.

If you do not see changes immediately after making them, then try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your web page (or view your web page in a different browser that has not been used to view the web page before). This should let you know whether browser caching is at the root of your problem.

If this does not help, then it would appear that there is some server-side caching going on that you might need to investigate further.

I hope these notes help.

So just to update this ticket, i did alot of troubleshooting and this might help someone else.. but cloudflare was the thief, it caches stuff up to 4 hours, but you can go and manually either purge the cache or change the cachetime.

Thanks!

Thank you for the update!
I'm glad you have been able to find the cause of your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know. It's most appreciated.