Topic: uploadet picture does not appear when 'publish"

Hello,

i am very satsified with your Showkase program. Last week i updated it with the new version.
All ok.
Now i added a picture in a gallery, worked ..
pictures ar in folders images, thumbs, large, small
i sorted it, i added caption  - all ok.
It is in config xml, in images.txt and index.html

BUT .. klick on "publish" and the pic does not appear .. 
No F5 or strg F5 helps.
-> if i look at page - source code - it is there ( in the 'non java schript' - part of code ) - but not on screen ... 

can you give me a help ?
thank you
best regards
Ferdinand

Re: uploadet picture does not appear when 'publish"

It sounds like a browser caching issue.
Instead of just refreshing the web page (with 5/Ctrl+F5), try completely clearing your browser's cache before reloading the web page (or at least try viewing the web page in a browser that you have not previously used to view the web page to check whether or not it is a browser caching issue).
This should hopefully solve your problem.
However, if the problem persists, then please post back with the URL to the web page in question and let me know what you see (e.g. how many images) and what you expect to see.
I'll let you know what I see in my own browser and investigate further.
Thank you.

ok,  thank you very much.

at first it was helpful, the missing picture is shown in the gallery after deleting the browser cache ..
never had such a "bug" ...
?? ist there a possibility to force a server-newload by clicking "publish" ?

if you give me your email, i could send you all informations about my showkase installation .. nearly 300 pages/galleries in the moment .. but growing .. al works fine ..

thank you
best regards

addition ..

it happens only - and everytime .. in galleries of the first gallery index page
in other galleries ( in other gallery index pages or stand alone ) are all added pictures normal to see after 'publish' ..
spooky ..

Thank you for the update and additional information.

at first it was helpful, the missing picture is shown in the gallery after deleting the browser cache ..

This certainly suggests that the problem has been a browser cache issue. (As you are aware, clearing your browser's cache does not change anything on the web server and, if clearing your browser cache has resulted in you being able to see what you expect to see, then the files must have always been present and correct on the web server.)

it happens only - and everytime .. in galleries of the first gallery index page

Weird, indeed...

Here are a couple of things you could try to prevent browsers from caching your Showkase web pages.

Suggestion #1:
If you want to prevent browsers from caching Juicebox gallery XML files, then try defining the gallery XML files with a unique identifier (e.g. the current time which will be different each time the browser loads the page) via the configUrl option in each gallery's embedding code.

Open your 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/juicebox.tpl' file in a plain text editor and change line 26 from:

baseUrl : '{$ss_pageUrl}/'

... to:

baseUrl : '{$ss_pageUrl}/', configUrl: 'config.xml?nocache=' + new Date().getTime()

Now republish your site for this change to propagate throughout all your Showkase Juicebox galleries.

Suggestion #2:
You may also be able to dissuade browsers from caching HTML pages by using certain <meta> tags.

Open your 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/basetheme.tpl' file in a plain text editor and add the following code in the {block "meta"} ... {/block} section, between lines 9 and 23 (but not inside {if $ss_ogImageUrl ne ''} ...  {/if}).

<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0" />
<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache" />

Again, republish your site for this code to appear in all your Showkase pages.

if you give me your email...

If you ever need to contact me via email my email address is below my username here in the forum (visible only when you are logged in).

I hope my notes above help.

thank you very much for your great help !

suggestion 2 seems a good way to solve the problem - didn't know, that this is possible via meta tags ..

best regards
ferdinand

You're welcome.
I hope it works for you!