1 (edited by md.michel 2018-09-09 14:19:57)

Topic: Kosel and layout index page background color [SOLVED]

With Kosel theme, my layout is: 1000px.
I use the color scheme custom and after the custom palette: I change the background color to #808080 and it's OK for the body.
But the layout background color is always white.
How to change it also to #808080 ?

Re: Kosel and layout index page background color [SOLVED]

Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce the problem that you describe so I'm not sure what might be causing your problem.

• I installed a fresh Showkase v1.7.3 site.

• I changed the theme to Kosel.

• I changed the 'Max site width (px)' to '1000'.

• I changed the 'Overall color scheme' to 'custom'.

• I changed the 'Background color' to '808080'.

• I created a 'Basic' page.

The entire background of the page I created (the body content and the surrounding area) is #808080.

Here are a few things to check and try.

(1) If you are not already using the latest version of Showkase (v1.7.3), then please try upgrading your site to ensure that any bugs from previous versions which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
Full instructions for downloading the latest version and upgrading an existing site can be found on the Upgrading Showkase support page.

(2) Try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your site to make sure that your browser is using the most recent versions of all your site's files from your web server (and not any cached versions).

(3) Check to see if you have any custom CSS (perhaps in your theme's 'custom.css' file) which might be conflicting with Showkase's own CSS and overriding the background color set in the interface.

I hope that these suggestions help.
If not, then please post back with the URL to one of your web pages which demonstrates this problem so that I can see the problem for myself and hopefully help further.
Thank you.

3 (edited by md.michel 2018-09-09 14:20:10)

Thanks, I just edited my topic with the link to index page of my website.
You already look at it ?

Thank you for providing the links.

I have downloaded your image and notice that the white area surrounding the picture is actually part of the image file itself (and is not originating from Showkase).
Open the image in an imaging program (such as Adobe Photoshop), crop the image to remove the white area surrounding the picture and then reupload the image file to Showkase.

This should solve your problem.

Thanks a lot! Perhaps I'm tired...You are right and I forgot the white frame of my uploaded image (I replaced it with a color frame #808080).

Now all is perfect.

You're welcome! I'm glad it turned out to be an easy fix.