Topic: Centering in Boma Theme [SOLVED]

Hello,

I can't seem to find how to center the page contents with the gallery above it. I'm using Boma Theme. Thank you for help.

Re: Centering in Boma Theme [SOLVED]

It sounds like you might currently be using the default 'Body text layout' of '1-column narrow', where the body text is in a narrow column, justified to the left hand side of the gallery.

If you edit your gallery page, scroll down to (and expand) the 'Override Site Options' section and select '1-column wide' for the 'Body text layout' (and then click 'Save' and 'Publish'), the body text will span the entire width of the gallery.

If you want the body text to be centered (rather than left-justified) within the area it occupies, then you can do so using CSS.
Click on the 'Source' button on the editor's toolbar and you should find that your body text is within <p> tags.
Just change the <p> tags to <p style="text-align: center;"> and this should work.

I hope this helps.

3 (edited by Webitect 2018-07-29 13:05:26)

Thank you so much for the help. I think I got it now. But I just found another 'issue' that's bugging me beyond reason, lol.

Is there a way to keep the image area / caption area constant? I'm finding my galleries that have different image sizes and or orientation affects how much of my captions are displayed. Some have either missing text or sometimes the bottom 1/2 of a sentence is cut off.

If possible, where would be the place to change the background (image or color) for the resulting space around the image?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Thank you so much for the help. I think I got it now.

You're welcome. I'm glad you've got your original problem sorted out. Thank you for letting me know.

Is there a way to keep the image area / caption area constant? I'm finding my galleries that have different image sizes and or orientation affects how much of my captions are displayed. Some have either missing text or sometimes the bottom 1/2 of a sentence is cut off.

Notes on the width of the caption area:

When captionPosition (in the Juicebox gallery page's 'Caption (Pro)' section) is set to either OVERLAY or BOTTOM, then the width of the caption area will span the entire width of the gallery and will, therefore, remain constant no matter what the image dimensions are.

When captionPosition is set to either OVERLAY_IMAGE or BELOW_IMAGE (it sounds like you might be using one of these values), then the width of the caption area will span the width of the image.

When captionPosition is set to BELOW_THUMBS, then the width of the caption area will span the width of the thumbnail area.

Notes on the height of the caption area:

When captionPosition is set to OVERLAY or OVERLAY_IMAGE, the height of the caption area is variable (it will increase, if necessary, to accommodate long captions) up to a maximum value set via maxCaptionHeight (default value, 120px).

When captionPosition is set to BOTTOM, BELOW_IMAGE or BELOW_THUMBS, the height of the caption area is fixed at the maxCaptionHeight value (instead of being variable).

For reference, a list of all Juicebox-Pro Caption Options can be found here.

Possible solutions:

With the above information in mind, possible solutions to your problem would be to either:
(1) Set captionPosition to either OVERLAY or BOTTOM (to ensure that the caption area's width spans the entire gallery).
... or:
(2) Set captionPosition to either OVERLAY_IMAGE or BELOW_IMAGE and increase maxCaptionHeight (to give your captions more room with less likelihood that they will be truncated).

I hope you can use some combination of these options and values to configure your gallery as you'd like it to be.

If possible, where would be the place to change the background (image or color) for the resulting space around the image?

You can change the 'Gallery background color' in the Juicebox gallery page's 'Lite Viewer Options' section.

If you would like to use an image for the gallery's background, you can enter the 'Background Url' to an image on your web server in the Juicebox gallery page's 'Background Image (Pro)' section. The 'Background Url' can be an absolute URL or a relative URL (relative to the gallery's embedding page).

Alternatively, you could make your gallery's background transparent (by setting the gallery background color's 'Opacity' to 0 (zero) and then set a background color or image for the entire site (rather then just the gallery) in the 'Site -> Customize Theme' tab.

If you want to set a custom color for the site's background, change the 'Color Scheme -> Overall color scheme' to 'custom' and then set the 'Background color' in the 'Custom Palette' section.

If you want to use an image for the site's background, first upload the image to the library ('Library -> Upload') and then select the image via 'Site -> Customize Theme -> Background -> Background URL'.

I hope this helps.

I've got it aligned now, thanks so much for you help, Steven!!

You're welcome!

I'm glad you've been able to use the available options to configure your gallery appropriately.
Thank you for letting me know.