1 (edited by gdgerard 2018-06-20 21:28:58)

Topic: Gallery page settings

Hello all,

Im setting up a four image galleries. Is there away to save the settings from one page and apply those same settings across all gallery pages?

Im trying to get all the gallery pages the same i.e. images placed in the center, etc. One of the pages works great while another is off center. And I cant see what I need to do to move the image for instance to the right.

Thanks for any and all help.

Greg

Re: Gallery page settings

There's no way to just copy the settings from one gallery page to another but there are a couple of things that might make life a little easier.

(1) If you already have a gallery whose settings are exactly as you'd like them to be, then you can clone the gallery using Showkase's 'Site -> Import' functionality, essentially importing an existing Showkase page to create a new Showkase page (within the same site).
On the 'Site -> Import' tab, just enter the path from your web root directory to your Showkase site's directory (starting with a '/'), click the 'Scan' button, select the gallery page you'd like to clone and click 'Import'.
Once your new gallery page has been created by the import process, it will be be identical to the original gallery page and you can then just change the images (deleting existing images on the gallery page's 'Images' tab and uploading new images on the gallery page's 'Upload' tab) and any other settings such as the page title.

(2) If you have a particular set of configuration options that you'd like to use for all galleries throughout your site, then you might like to set them in 'Site -> Customize Viewers -> Edit (Juicebox-Pro v1.5.1)'. Configuration options set here will be used as defaults each time you create a new gallery page and will prevent you from having to set them individually in each separate gallery page.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much Steven for the help.

Next question. Ive looked in the instructions but cannot find the answer. Is there away to adjust the lay out for the mobile side. For instance moving the drop down menu for the pages from the right to the left side. Im sure that im just missing something.

Thanks for any and all help.

Greg

Unfortunately, there are no configuration options to change the position of the menu icon. (It will always be on the right hand side of the page.)
You'd really need to delve into the Showkase source CSS to change its position.
I have a feeling that this may not be as easy as it looks. (I've already tried a couple of things using my browser's developer tools to no avail. One problem just leads to another...)

Having said that, if you are familiar with CSS, you could certainly give it a try.
Check out the Adding Custom Styles and the Creating Themes support sections for further information about customizing a site beyond the available configuration options. Knowledge of CSS (and possibly HTML and JavaScript, too) would be necessary and it would be much safer to just stick to what can be done within the Showkase interface.

Also, you could post your suggestion in the Feature Requests forum thread where it will be seen by the developers.
I do not know the likelihood of any suggestions being implemented in future versions but this certainly is the best place for all ideas.
Thank you.