Topic: Moved to new server and now won't display

I just had my webhost move a fucntioning showkase site to a new server and all I get when I browse to the domain is the Showkase login as if it's a new showkase installation (Welcome to your New Showkase Web Site).

Everything works if I browse to the subdirectory (KPMain2) where the showkase software is located: 
(Well, I guess I can't post the link here after all)

The showkase index.php is located in the web root directory, but there was no copy of the showkaseconfig.ini file there so I copied one over per the instructions on the Showkase quick tour under "Showkase Home Page".  That didn't help.  By the way, I don't see a copy the ini file in the original website web root directory either and it worked fine.  There are no other index.xxx files in the web root directory.

The showkaseconfig.ini shows the absolute path correctly for the new server (domain address + /KPMain2).  I checked the site System/Setup menu under showkase and it has the correct path.

I also did a "Repair" under the System/Repairs menu, but that didn't fix the issue, either.

The only issue I see is that, when I did the "Publish", I got a number of errors that say: "Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered".  I went ahead and published anyway.  The green Publish button is now gray and the pages show up when I browse to them directly.

I have Showkase-Pro 1.6.1 | Build: 2016.06.07.09.32.46, 

The IP address of the website has changed and the name servers have been updated.  When you browse to kruegerphoto.com you will get the new site, not the old one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Moved to new server and now won't display

You might have a couple of different issues going on here.
Hopefully my notes below will help.

The only issue I see is that, when I did the "Publish", I got a number of errors that say: "Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered".

This is a message which appears when running Showkase v1.7.0 (or earlier) under PHP 7.1 (or later).
It sounds like your new web server may be running PHP 7.1 or 7.2 (and this is why you are seeing this message for the first time with your Showkase v1.6.1 site).
Showkase was updated to be compatible with PHP 7.1 and 7.2 in Showkase v1.7.2.

I checked the site System/Setup menu under showkase and it has the correct path.

Did you actually try running Setup (rather than just checking the path on the Setup page)?
Running Setup is a crucial step when moving or renaming your Showkase installation (as noted here).

I would try upgrading your Showkase site (full instructions here) to the current version (v1.7.3) and running Setup.
If this does not work, then it might be quicker to recreate the site.
If you create a fresh Showkase installation on your web server, you can then:

(1) Retain the Showkase settings from your original site by manually copying the following files and folders from your original site to your new site (overwriting the default versions which will be in place after a fresh install).

• _data/sitedata (folder)

• _data/themedata (folder)

• _data/pagesprefs.txt (file)

• _data/theme.txt (file)

Do not copy the _data/pagesdata.txt file though, as this lists the pages present in each site (which will be different after a fresh install).

Also, if you use a custom logo via an image stored in the library, for example, then you might also like to copy the '_library' folder from your original site to your new site.

(2) Import all the pages from your original site (via 'Site -> Import') to save having to recreate all your pages from scratch. You can import multiple pages at once so recreating your original site should be relatively quick and easy.

Hopefully upgrading Showkase and running Setup will work for you but the procedure above should also work fine as a backup plan.

Just be sure to create a full backup of your site before you try anything (just in case anything goes wrong and you need to reinstate your original files at a later date).

I think I just now figured it out.

I noticed the date of the showkaseconfig.ini was old, so I must have pulled the wrong one when I copied it into the web root directory or maybe I copied it over before I ran the setup again.  Anyway, I copied over the showkaseconfig.ini file again, this one with today's timestamp, and that fixed it.  I just knew it would be because of some dumb mistake I made. 

Anyway, sorry to put you through this.  Obviously, when I was running setup, I wasn't updating the showkase config file in the web root directory, so I wasn't solving the problem.  Also, the original server DOES have the showcaseconfig file in the web root directory, so I was wrong about that as well.

Bottom line is that I am now up and running and apologize again for wasting your time on a rather dumb mistake.

I will update to the latest version after I verify that everything is good.  I do love this software.  It's been very good to me.

My main site will continue to use Showkase, but I am about to create a new gallery site to host the more amateur-ish pictures that I currently have on Flickr (which was just sold to Smug Mug).  I had even run the sktest on it to prep it for Showkase, but then decided I wanted comments and possibly ratings.  From what I gather, that is not a capability that Showkase has.  If I'm wrong on that, please let me know.  Otherwise, thanks again and best wishes going forward.

I'm glad to hear that you've got it all sorted out. Thank you for letting me know.

You are correct in thinking that Showkase does not have any built-in functionality to allow users to comment or rate your photos. There would really be no easy way to add such functionality. You'd need to either code something yourself or integrate a third-party package (neither of which would be quick and easy).
You could, however, post this as a suggestion in the Feature Requests forum thread if you like.
I do not know what suggestions will be picked up by the developers but this is certainly the best place for all ideas.

Edit:
Thanks for posting in the Feature Requests thread.