1 (edited by wladd@hprmarketing.com 2018-01-25 12:29:01)

Topic: Back Link from Navigation Menu - problems

Congratulations for creating a great product.  I've found it delivers exactly as promised, but am struggling with a single minor issue.

My configuration is Showkase Pro 1.7.2 using the Boma 1.7.2 theme. All Galleries are using the Juicebox viewer.  I have created multiple index pages, each with multiple galleries beneath.  I'm trying to get a home link to show up in the navigation menu.  I can always click on the logo which is properly setup or I can click on the home button in the Juicebox Gallery button bar (which I have enabled).  These two option work fine.  But I really want a home link from the navigation menu.

Boma customization has a checkbox for "Show Home Link" and the hover text balloon says it should show/hide a home link in Navigation.  I am unable to get the link to show up, and that is why I'm posting this topic.  Any pointers you can provide are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bukk

Re: Back Link from Navigation Menu - problems

The 'home page' within a Showkase site is the page that is at the top of the 'Public pages' section in the tree (on the admin 'Pages' tab).
If 'Show home link' is selected, then a link to this page will be included in the site's navigation menu (and if 'Show home link' is deselected, there will be no link to this page).
If you have recently changed the value of the 'Show home link' checkbox, then you might need to clear your browser's cache before reloading your web page to see the change.

Alternatively, you can create a link (to anywhere you like) by creating a new 'Navigation Link' page type (on the 'Pages' tab).
This just creates a link in the navigation menu (not an actual Showkase page) which you can position anywhere within your navigation menu (by dragging and dropping it in the tree).

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the clarification and the advice.  I'll create the link via a Navigation link.  That will work out just fine.

Your welcome!
I'm glad that you're happy to use a 'Navigation Link' page type. It should certainly be a quick and easy solution to your problem.