Topic: enable direct links option [SOLVED]

Will turning on "enableDirectLinks" within the Showkase set-up have a negative effect on page load times? I'm wondering because I think this will have the browser load a totally new URL each time and that may defeat any advantage that may have been seen with pre-loading images on a gallery page. I'd like to take advantage of the "enableDirectLinks" option, but only if there is not a possible slow down as well. Please let me know. Thanks!

Re: enable direct links option [SOLVED]

Using enableDirectLinks should have no negative impact on page loading times.

Using enableDirectLinks allows each image in a Juicebox gallery to have a unique URL (the page's URL with a # identifier corresponding to the image number within the gallery).

When a new image is selected in the gallery (via the thumbnails or navigation buttons), Juicebox amends the URL in the browser's address bar (using the # and the appropriate image number) but because the page URL remains the same and Juicebox uses a # to identify the image (rather than having a completely separate web page for each image), the page is not actually reloaded (and neither is the gallery itself). The gallery just displays the selected image (as normal) and the # identifier is added to the URL. The full URL (with the # identifier) can then be copied from the browser's address bar and sent to someone to let them see a particular image in the gallery.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

That does help, thank you!

You're welcome!