Topic: Pages not showing

Hello,
I recently changed my Showkase directory using the following post: https://www.showkase.net/support/guide/#move-site

It all worked fine but the internal pages in my navigation other than my gallery index all arent linking any longer. The URL updates and Ive checked that the FTP folders and files are in place. Everything looks good but the pages just dont load...

Any advice would be great.

renaldi.com

Re: Pages not showing

That certainly seems strange.
It looks like all the pages have become clones of your gallery index page.

The first thing Id try is to re-publish your site (if you have not already done so) by just clicking the 'Publish' button.

The next thing I'd try is to go to 'System -> Repairs -> Repair' to rebuild the page records.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help.

Otherwise, as long as you made a backup of your site before moving it, if the intention of the move was to allow your site to be accessible from your root directory, then you could maybe reinstate your backup (to the way things were before moving your site) and then just follow the 5 step instructions in the Showkase Home Page support section.

Hi Steven,
Thank you for your suggestions. I've done each of these things and the problem persists. Im not really sure of what to do from here.

I also tried copying all of the content from the two pages which arent loading into two entirely new pages and the problem persisted. It seems that any new page just becomes the gallery index

I have not encountered this problem before so, unfortunately, I do not know what might be causing it. (My best guess was corrupt page records but rebuilding them had not fixed the problem).

I don't know if it will help but try upgrading your site from Showkase v1.6.1 to the latest version (v1.7.0) to see if this makes a difference. (It is certainly something that I would try myself.) Please see the Upgrading Showkase support page for details.
This will replace all core Showkase files (with the latest versions) whilst leaving all your custom pages and settings in place.

Also, you could try editing one of the troublesome page, going to the 'Advanced' tab and changing the page type from 'Gallery Index Page' to whatever page type it should be ('About Page', 'Basic Page' or 'Contact Page').

If this still does not help, then it might help if I had access to your web server and Showkase site.
If you are agreeable to this, then please let me know and I will send you an email address where you can forward me your FTP and Showkase site login details.

Hi Steven, I upgraded to 1.7 and tried switching up the page types and nothings seems to work. Id love to have you look under the hood. Please email me at ryanrowlett@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ryan

Id love to have you look under the hood.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.
Thank you.

In the meantime, I think I might have found the root of the problem.
Each Showkase page has its own folder in the Showkase root directory. Inside each page's folder is a file named 'page.xml'. (This file contains information about the page such as the page type.)
You should be able to view the 'page.xml' files directly in a browser. For example, here is the 'page.xml' file for one of the page's in our Live Demo: https://www.showkase.net/livedemo/about-page/page.xml
However, trying to view the 'page.xml' file for any of your own Showkase site's pages fails (with the browser showing just the folder's 'index.html' page instead), for example: http://renaldi.com/projects/page.xml

It looks like the 'page.xml' files are missing from your Showkase site (they may not have been transferred successfully to their new locations when you moved your site) and this may be the reason for the incorrect page types.
If the 'page.xml' files are present in the page folders, then please check that their permissions are not too restrictive. Default file permissions of 644 should be fine.

Try creating a new page (in your moved site) and see if a 'page.xml' file is created in the page's folder on your web server.
If a 'page.xml' file is created for the new page, then it looks like the problem might be that your site's existing 'page.xml' files were not transferred successfully when you moved your site.

Otherwise, if a 'page.xml' file is not created for the new page, then there may may some underlying issue on your server whereby Showkase is unable to create the 'page.xml' files in the page folders.
If this is the case, then try running Showkase in debug mode to see if any warning or error messages are displayed in the application's status bar which might help to pinpoint the cause of the problem.
Open your 'showkase/admin/settings/constants.php' file in a plain text editor and change line 12 from:

define('DEBUG', false);

... to:

define('DEBUG', true);

The line number above refers to the current version of Showkase (v1.7.0).

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Edit:
It might also be wise to install and run the Showkase Server Compatibility Test to check that your server has all the features Showkase needs.
Even if you ran the test before installing Showkase, please try again in case your web host has made any changes recently.
If any of the tests fail, then it might give us a further clue as to the nature of the problem. (Also, there are troubleshooting tips in the link above.)