1 (edited by 35ol 2017-06-15 03:03:29)

Topic: Problem about "External fit px" [SOLVED]

I set -50 before, can be fit my resolution, but when I update v1.7, all can't fit, and those album has not been updated
eg.
http://www.yin-image.com/yinimage/victoria-habour/
http://www.yin-image.com/yinimage/macau-gp-2015/

Re: Problem about "External fit px" [SOLVED]

It looks like the following <div> elements are not closed on your web page and this could potentially cause layout issues in some browsers.

<div id="outer">
<div id="wrapper">

This might be due to manual modifications you have made (all elements seem to be closed correctly when I generate a Juicebox gallery page under the Kosel theme in Showkase v1.7.0 myself).

Small changes may have been made to the layout of pages in Showkase v1.7.0 but a default Juicebox gallery under the Kosel theme in Showkase v1.7.0 will still fit within the browser window without any adjustment necessary (as long as site header text of the default font size is used).
I'm not sure what might have changed in your website between v1.6.1 and v1.7.0 to warrant a change to your 'External fit px' values, though.

I've just created sample Juicebox gallery pages under the Kosel theme in Showkase v1.6.1 and v1.7.0 using the default 'External fit px' value of zero and a custom value of -50.
With 'External fit px' being set to zero, both galleries (in v1.6.1 and v1.7.0) are exactly the same size in the browser window. (The galleries are both fully visible no matter what the height of hte browser window is.)
With 'External fit px' being set to -50, both galleries (in v1.6.1 and v1.7.0) are, again, exactly the same size in the browser window. (A similar 'External fit px' value gives the same results in both v1.6.1 and v1.7.0, at least in my own test sites.)
I've even tried uploading and using a site header logo (taller than the standard site header text) and the logo is displayed at the same size in both v1.6.1 and v1.7.0 (pushing the galleries down their respective pages by the same amount, resulting in equal 'External fit px' values being required).

Unfortunately, I really cannot explain why you have had to change your 'External fit px' values in v1.7.0 unless some custom modifications are coming into play or the unclosed elements on your web pages (see above) are somehow contributing to the issue.

thank you

from v1.7 return to v1.61, all OK, don't know what the problem is

I'm glad to hear that reverting to v1.6.1 has resolved your problem. Thank you for letting me know.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce the problem you are describing myself (which makes me think that some of your custom modifications might be contributing to the problem).

If anyone else is experiencing difficulties with 'External fit px' when upgrading from v1.6.1 to v1.7.0, please let me know so that I can try to reproduce the problem myself and notify the developers if necessary. Thank you.