Topic: Custom code not appearing in password-protected pages

Steven @ Showkase wrote:

@saidn

Is this also where we would put javascript tracking code from, say, StatCounter?

Yes. If you want to include custom HTML code at the bottom of all your Showkase pages, then you could add it just before the closing </body> tag (on line 35) in the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/layout.tpl' file.
The line number above refers to the current version of Showkase (v1.4.0.1).

If you had pure JavaScript code (rather than HTML code such as JavaScript within <script> tags) which you wanted to appear in all pages, then you could add it to your theme's 'custom.js' file, for example 'showkase/_themes/kosel/js/custom.js'.

Incidentally, Showkase has built-in support for Google Analytics. You can enter your Web Property ID in the 'Site -> Google Analytics' section.

HAppy NEw YEar all,

Statcounter code does not appear to be publishing to new Password-protected pages. Is this known/expected behavior?

TIA
-Said

Re: Custom code not appearing in password-protected pages

@saidn

Any custom code added to the 'showkase/_themes/base/pagetypes/layout.tpl' file will appear in all pages created by Showkase (whether they are password protected of not). Showkase uses this file as a base template for all pages.

Make sure that your custom code is in the 'layout.tpl' file and re-publish your site (just click the 'Publish' button) to re-generate your pages with your custom code.

If you then check the source of any of your web pages in your browser, you should see your custom code there.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please let me know and I will contact you via email (where you can send me details of how to access your password-protected web pages so that I can investigate further). Thank you.

Thanks Steven,

What's your offline email so that I can send you access info?

Please check your email. I have sent you a message. Thank you.

[Query moved from Feature Requests forum to new thread.]