Topic: Admin interface error

Hello.
I have tried to update Showkase to the lastest version twice. According to the instructions:

1. Delete the old ‘admin’ directory inside your installation directory and replace with the new one.
2. Delete the old ‘_themes’ directory and replace with the new one.
3. Delete the old ‘index.php’ and replace with the new one.

I have tried to delete folders or just replace them with new one, but both time i have recieved same problem - admin page looks very strange, and when i try to publish my site, i recieve error.
Screenshot attached.
https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/56621/15832793.3f/0_ac8c5_d11935f5_orig

Re: Admin interface error

It looks like there are two issues here:
(1) The set_time_limit() warning
(2) The layout of the admin 'Pages' page

(1) It looks like your web host has disabled set_time_limit(). This is unlikely to cause any problems (unless you have a very large site with lots of images and your web server's default time limit is too short for Showkase to process everything when you re-publish, in which case you will not be able to increase the time limit). However, this may never actually cause you any real problems. (You could, however, ask your web host to enable set_time_limit() on your hosting account and see what they say.)

(2) Your 'Pages' page layout is set by CSS code in the 'showkase/admin/css/all.css' file. Please double-check that the 'all.css' file is present in its correct location on your web server and that it is not corrupt or incomplete.
Also, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your 'Pages' page to see if this helps.
You could also try viewing your 'Pages' page in a different browser to see if this makes a difference.

If you continue to experience difficulties, I would be happy to help further but I'd really need access to your web server and Showkase site to check things out.
If you are agreeable to this, then please let me know and I'll send you an email address where you can forward me your FTP and Showkase login details.
Once I'm able to see the problem for myself, I should hopefully be able to determine the cause and propose a solution.
Thank you.

Thank you for you answer.
But both of this problems have arisen after i tryed to update Showkase to lastest version.
I have checked 'all.css' file, and restored from backup - it doesn't hepls.
Please tell me email, and i will send you login and password to my website admin.
Thanks!

But both of this problems have arisen after i tryed to update Showkase to lastest version.

I'm not sure what version of Showkase you upgraded from but Showkase has only been making use of it set_time_limit() since v1.3.4 so, if you have upgraded from a version prior to v1.3.4, then it is possible that set_time_limit() has always been disabled on your server but that you've not known about it until now. Please note that the message is just a warning (it is not an error) and it will not cause a problem unless Showkase has to process a very large site (which might take longer than the default time limit). You would know if this was a problem as there would be errors (not just a warning regarding the set_time_limit() function) when publishing your site.
There is nothing that can be done from within Showkase to enable set_time_limit() in your PHP settings. This has to be done at server level so if you do not have access to change your PHP settings yourself, your web host should hopefully be able to help you out.

I've sent you an email where you can forward me your FTP and Showkase login details.
Once I'm able to see the 'Pages' layout problem for myself, I should hopefully be able to help further.

Update for others experiencing similar symptoms:

The 'Pages' layout problem was caused by old or corrupt versions of the '/showkase/admin/css/all.css' and '/showkase/admin/css/bootstrap.min.css' files.
Replacing them with the stock versions from Showkase v1.6.1 resolved the problem.