Re: Feature Requests

I have 93 galleries and am creating more.  I do a lot of scrolling back up to the save button when I am creating a new Juicebox Galley.  Is there a keyboard shortcut for Save and for +New Page?

@toygate

Is there a keyboard shortcut for Save and for +New Page?

There are currently no keyboard shortcuts for Showkase interface buttons but thank you for posting your suggestion here where it will be seen by the developers.

Topic: Masonry layout on gallery index page

Id love to see this in a future version of Showkase, or has anyone tried to get something like this working in a current version?
Thanks,
Ryan

[Edited by admin to add topic.]

With most DSLR's, smart phones and drones being capable of video, support for video would probably be a very well received feature to build into Showkase and its gallery viewers.

Hi,

Showkase is stunning, the user interface is very clear and simple and perfect to create a photo website in a few clicks. Bravo!

Just some suggestions to make it even more perfect (if possible...)

It would be useful to have the ability to automatically import the images in the gallery. I use Photo Mechanic to upload my pictures to the website and for now, I need to login to the Showkase content manager and manually rebuild the gallery, and add the captions.

Furthermore, it seems that when you delete pictures in a gallery, the thumbnails remain in their folder...

I would like to have an option to apply the {iptctitle} and {iptcdescription} variables by default, as well.

Regards
Fx

@FxRphotography

I'm glad you're getting on well with Showkase! Many thanks for the suggestions.

It would be useful to have the ability to automatically import the images in the gallery.

I would like to have an option to apply the {iptctitle} and {iptcdescription} variables by default, as well.

Just in case you're interested to know, it is certainly possible for a Juicebox gallery to dynamically display all images from a designated directory on a web server and to extract IPTC data for use as the image titles and caption (although, as you are aware, this is not how Showkase works). Take a look at this forum thread which contains a PHP script which does just that. It may not be easy to integrate this manually into Showkase (you'd probably need to embed the gallery manually into a 'Basic' page) and such a gallery would not be able to be managed within the Showkase interface. I just thought I'd mention it as it is related to your suggestion.

Furthermore, it seems that when you delete pictures in a gallery, the thumbnails remain in their folder...

This looks like a bug. I've notified the developers. Thank you for reporting it.

@FxRphotography

Further to the bug that you reported (regarding thumbnails not being deleted when a gallery image is removed), I've heard back from the developers who have formulated a fix which will be included in the next version of Showkase.

In the meantime, if you would like to implement the fix yourself, just edit your Showkase site's 'admin/classes/gallery.php' file in a plain text editor and change line 632 from:

$thumbName =    basename($filePath,'.'.$info['extension']).'.jpg';

... to:

$thumbName = Helpers::changeFileExtension(basename($filePath), 'jpg', array('jpeg', 'JPG', 'JPEG'));

You can also delete line 631:

$info = pathinfo($filePath);

... as it is no longer required.

Please note that the the line numbers above refer to the current version of Showkase (v1.7.1).

Thanks, once again, for reporting this issue.

Hi,

I just read your post (I had not set my account to automatically subscribe to the topics...).

Thank you for the fix. I will try to implement it on my website.

Happy new year to all the team.

Fx

@FxRphotography

You're welcome! Happy New Year to you, too!
Hopefully you'll have no trouble implementing the fix on your own website.
As I mentioned, it will be included in the next version of Showkase (although, unfortunately, I do not know when it will be released).

Please consider adding comments and photo ratings (1-5 stars).

I use Showkase for my higher end work, but I am planning a new site for the lower end work that I had on Flickr.  Now that Flickr has been bought from Yahoo by SmugMug, I will be closing my account there.

I want comments and ratings, so Showkase is out of the question, although it is my preferred choice for photo  hosting software.  Piwigo, Zenphoto, and Coppermine all have comments and ratings. 

Showkase is great as is and I assume this would be a major undertaking, but I just thought I'd share my thoughts on this since it was a factor in my deciding to use a different CMS.

I see many websites transitioning to an effect where as the the page is scrolled, an image stays stagnant (https://www.meyerdentalgroup.net/). Is there anything in the works with Showkase or Juicebox that will offer this type of effect?

@dennis

I expect you are referring to the navigation menu at the top of the web page you quoted (which stays at the top of the page when scrolling vertically).
Unfortunately, Showkase does not support such functionality but many thanks for making the suggestion.

(Incidentally, I've tried using some relatively simple CSS to try to achieve something similar (in the Kosel theme which has a top menu) but I've not found a nice clean solution that I'm happy with.)

Hello,

Just like ryanrowlett, i would love to get the Masonry index page as a feature.
I am still in de process of switching from koken.me to Showkase software (incl. the Juicebox Pro Lightroom plugin) and i am loving it.
But my wife and i would love to have the Masonry index page. It just looks more modern and we were used to it, because koken.me does have this as a template.

Please ad this as template, or as an option for the indexpages to show the thumbnails.

By the way, i had the last week a lot of help from support and i am really impresssed with all the help and ideas.

35ol wrote:

[...]

2/ more than 2 level gallery index page
[...]

Sake wrote:

It has been on this list for ages, I am desperately waiting for it since I use ShowKase: please, please please gimme the possibillity to make an Indexpage of Indexpages! So I can build a site with multiple layers: like Abroad=>India=>Mumbai=>Slums. How hard can that be for you to build??? You are geniuses, right? Yeahhh, I'm sure, just do it! Please?

siriusgregg wrote:

Are there any plans to implement nested galleries in a future version?

Any news about that somewhat highly requested feature? Pleeeeeaaase!

No, sorry. No news of such functionality just now.

Would love to have the ability to add videos to gallery pages.

Also, would like the ability show larger images in a gallery without having to open in a new tab or having the images downloaded.

92 (edited by petax 2023-03-24 21:20:23)

I would like a button that regenerates the images, without regenerating the XML. Thus avoiding the order of images being changed.

https://showkase.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=475

I'd like to see .WEBP files be compatible with ShowKase. It helps reduce file size significantly and therefore load times, which is great. Browser compatibility is also good, so it would make sense to see if as an added file type accepted.

For anyone looking for WEBP support, please check out this forum thread.