Topic: Maribo header type

I notice on the Maribo demo site, the Maribo Photo header font is larger than what the default is when using the actual theme.
I can make the header larger for my site in css but then in the mobile version it gets cut off due to the size.
Is there any way in css to make the font larger for larger screens then have it scaled to smaller ones to fit the layout?

Re: Maribo header type

I notice on the Maribo demo site, the Maribo Photo header font is larger than what the default is when using the actual theme.

Font sizes may be tweaked between versions (perhaps for layout reasons) but I have just created a sample Showkase site using the current version of Showkase-Pro (v1.6.1) and the Maribo theme and the 'Site heading' and 'Site subhead' are the same size in my test site as they are in the v1.5.1 demo site here.
If you are using a version of Showkase prior to v1.5.1, then perhaps upgrading to the current version will solve your problem without any further action.
Full instructions for upgrading Showkase can be found here.

If you still want to increase the 'Site header' font size but only when Showkase is in Large Screen Mode (when the browser window is wider than 768px), then you can use a media query. Please see this Mozilla Developer Network support page for more information on using media queries: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc … ia_queries

Try adding the following CSS (adjusting the 'font-size' as necessary) to your site's 'showkase/_themes/maribo/css/custom.css' file:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    .hgroup h1 {
        font-size: 60px;
    }
}

I hope this helps.

3 (edited by mrjw34 2016-10-23 04:25:50)

Thanks Steve. The css worked great.

One other thing I've found with this theme is that on the contact page any link I put in the body copy has a dotted underline.
I've never seen this before using Kosel and it's the same exact copy.

I've tried :

a {outline: 0;}

and

a { text-decoration: none; }

But nothing seems to work.

The css worked great.

That's great! Thank you for letting me know.

... any link I put in the body copy has a dotted underline.

If you want to remove the dotted line below links in the Maribo theme, add the following CSS to your 'showkase/_themes/maribo/css/custom.css' file:

a {
    border-bottom-style: none !important;
}

The dotted line is gone! Thanks.

You're welcome!