1 (edited by bNj 2013-02-07 22:15:47)

Topic: Juicybox : Randomize and direct link

Hello,

i've just buy the pro version of juicybox and i saw that when i activate the randomize option, url link doesnt refer to the good picture. May i do something wrong ?

Is it possible to add tags in the url ? I only have #<number>.

Another question when i upload picture they always go to the bottom. But i would like to know if is it possible that the picture i upload go to the top of the library picture. To be seen first.

Thank you for your help,

Benjamin

Re: Juicybox : Randomize and direct link

i've just buy the pro version of juicybox and i saw that when i activate the randomize option, url link doesnt refer to the good picture. May i do something wrong ?

When setting randomizeImages="TRUE", the images are ordered randomly when the gallery is initially displayed and the direct linking image numbers refer to the new order of the images reflecting the order of the thumbnails displayed in the gallery.

Is it possible to add tags in the url ? I only have #<number>.

Juicebox-Pro supports only the #<number> format for linking directly to individual images within a gallery when setting enableDirectLinks="TRUE".

Another question when i upload picture they always go to the bottom. But i would like to know if is it possible that the picture i upload go to the top of the library picture. To be seen first.

You can change the order of images in a gallery by dragging and dropping the thumbnails on the 'Images' tab.

Ok, so randomizeImages makes obsolete the direct link function.
If a visitor want to share with a friend a picture and i have configure the juicybox to randomize mode it will never be the pictures the visitor wants to share in the link ...

Maybe you will implement in a future version adding tags to the url instead of having mywebsite.com/#1 you will have mywebsite.com/#1-my-best-picture where "my best picture" is words of the picture title. Interesting for link sharing and search engines.

An option i would also like to have is to put my last upload pics at the top of my gallery, i know i can change order but when i upload multipe files it's boring to order them all :)

Thank you :)

Ok, so randomizeImages makes obsolete the direct link function.
If a visitor want to share with a friend a picture and i have configure the juicybox to randomize mode it will never be the pictures the visitor wants to share in the link ...

That is correct. If you want to be able to link directly to a specific image in your gallery, please do not set randomizeImages="TRUE".

Maybe you will implement in a future version adding tags to the url instead of having mywebsite.com/#1 you will have mywebsite.com/#1-my-best-picture where "my best picture" is words of the picture title. Interesting for link sharing and search engines.

An option i would also like to have is to put my last upload pics at the top of my gallery, i know i can change order but when i upload multipe files it's boring to order them all :)

Thank you for posting these suggestions in the Feature Requests thread where they will not be overlooked.