1 (edited by DarkAngelAzrael 2013-02-07 19:14:06)

Topic: Problem with password change

Hello,

i have a big problem with my Showkase...

I purchased it 2 Days ago... I installed it and tried already a little bit....

But today i have a huge problem... Maybe i'm a little bit stupid..

I tried to login with my user... But showkase told me "Incorrect user name or password"

So i tried the steps from the FAQ

ok.. now i can login and i can change the password... but after changing the password and moving the resetfile back to the folder where it comes from... i'm still not possible to login.

Is it possible that the password is too long? Or something else?

Or am i stupid?

thanks

br

edit: Update: I tried to change the password with Internet Explorer and it works. Before i tried it with FireFox and it won't.
So my problem is solved now... I hope so...

Re: Problem with password change

edit: Update: I tried to change the password with Internet Explorer and it works. Before i tried it with FireFox and it won't.
So my problem is solved now... I hope so...

OK. Thank you for letting us know.
If you run into any further problems, please post back but hopefully things will run smoothly for you now.

For others reading this post, please see this FAQ:
I lost my password, how can I reset it?

Ok... problem is back again...

I made a complete new installation of Showkase...Because i was not able to upload any images... I changed the password... It works...BUT after logout, i'm not able to login...

Always the same problem "Incorrect user name or password"

Is it possible that Showkase doesn't like any special charakters in the password? Or is it with 50 charakters too long?

I will try tomorrow further steps. It's late here...

thanks

Ok. small update...

I changed the password again and it looks like that my Showkase has a problem with charakters like "§$%&/()=! when i use it in the password.

I used a password without these charakters and currently i can login with Internet Explorer and Firefox...

is it possible that some of these charakters are a problem?

Is it possible that Showkase doesn't like any special charakters in the password? Or is it with 50 charakters too long?

Showkase should be able to handle non-alphanumeric characters (but perhaps not control characters or extended characters such as accented letters).
I do not know what the maximum number of characters that Showkase can handle in a password but try a password with fewer than 50 characters to see if this helps.

Currently i have a shorter password. Without any non-alphanumeric characters.

I will try some passwords with these non-alphanumeric characters. Let's see which charakter will generate the problem...