Topic: Images not showing after upload

I saw the previous post but the solution isn't working for me - - nothing has changed on the server side - here is the weird issue.  I have given the user id and password to the owner of the site I created so he can upload images into the galleries vs sending me cds.  Uploads are fine but then he sees no images.  When I go in after he has tried and logged out I have the same problem.  I then have to delete everything and start over for the images to show up.  Any reason why this is happening?  Thanks Michele - and I've run the server tests multiple times and it's all green.

Re: Images not showing after upload

I found this error with js debugger - ArrayBuffer is deprecated in XMLHttpRequest.send(). Use ArrayBufferView instead.
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < jquery-min.js:2

Also here's the odd thing - In FTP I can move images over into the directory created - if I rebuild it from the site then the images show up????  What is going on?????

Ok I actually did a reinstall.  Worked for awhile and then - bam - same issues happens - It doesn't matter if I create a new page or not - I can't see the images uploaded. Tells me they were uploaded successfully but then I can't see any - I also notice it does not place a copy in the file folder either.  Could be switching browsers when I log in cause this issue - I'm using Safari and Chrome.

Could be switching browsers when I log in cause this issue - I'm using Safari and Chrome.

There should be no problem with either browser but I would recommend using only one browser per session.
Try using only a single browser to see this helps.

Also, have you tried all 3 possible modes for the upload module: HTML5, Flash and Basic?
Try changing the upload mode (using the links at the bottom-right of the upload module) to see if this makes a difference.

Every time I try to choose another one it kicks me out to the login screen???

Should I just get a refund and maybe try juicebox?????

Would it help if I emailed you the information to my website and have you take a look?

Do you have access to the server logs? Either the server error log or (better) the detailed transaction log that shows every browser GET and POST request and the server response. Could you try an upload to trigger your error condition, note the time and then look in the server log for the time you triggered the error?

You can post an extract from the server log here or email me via the forum if you prefer.

jack

Here are all the errors  I found:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/thumb.display.php on line 154 20130124T155728: illianasar.org/libraries/thumb.display.php PHP

This is happening with the large images - but only after uploading a few

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/thumb.display.php on line 108 PHP

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/thumb.display.php on line 224 20130124T155729: illianasar.org/libraries/thumb.display.php PHP

20130125T173048: illianasar.org/index.php PHP Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/general.init.php on line 96 PHP Notice: Undefined index: JPG Support in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/general.init.php on line 100

20130125T173153: illianasar.org/libraries/thumb.display.php PHP Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/thumb.display.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined index: JPG Support in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/libraries/general.init.php on line 100

20130126T202540: illianasar.org/showkase/admin/index.php PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_b80cb7e37aeb8d9b0fae33766b0fab36, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/showkase/admin/classes/controller.php on line 33

20130126T204751: illianasar.org/admin/index.php suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details

20130129T103909: illianasar.org/admin/index.php PHP Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /hermes/bosweb/web279/b2795/ipg.illianahummercluborg/isar/admin/classes/nav.php on line 64

The critical issue seems to be the first one, allowed memory size exhausted. This is the server memory that the script is allowed to allocate. Your server has a very low memory allocation of 12MB. The default setting in the current version of PHP is 128MB. Resizing images takes a lot of memory since the compressed jpg image needs to be expanded to full size first.

Ask your server support people if the php memory_limit directive can be increased, ideally to 128 Megabyte. Or if you have access to the php.ini file and know how to do it then you can change the directive yourself.

The other errors may be consequences of the memory error so let's try to fix the memory issue first.

To give me a little more information could you please post here or email me via the forum with the url for the Showkase server test on your server.

jack

The server test showed all green when I ran it last night again - no errors - here's the path - http://illianasar.org/sktest/index.php

I got them to change to 128mb so we will see what happens!

OK it seems to be working but now I'm having a problem with the main page - images show and upload but then they don't show - just the clock image - if I go into the sub folders - they show up fine??? - http://illianasar.org/gallery/

Never mind it was a caching issues!  I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Jack!  That change did the trick - we are able to upload everything now without any issues!

Michele

Upgrading from PHP Version 5.2 to 5.3 solved the problem in my case.

Stefan

I have the same issue !!!

Working fine after first installation, come back to my home try to upload again and all upload says ok but no file appear.
If i try another upload like flash or basic, the login page appear and nothing works.

Thank you for your help !

To test the bug, make a fresh install on your web server, upload a picture then close your web browser.
Open your website, log in then try to upload a picture ... it's not working anymore, try to use another type of upload, you get the login page ... maybe a session problem ?

Thanks for your help !

Can you please post or email me a link to the sktest program on your server?

Can you look in your server logs for the time the error occurred and post an extract here?

jack

20 (edited by bNj 2013-02-06 11:42:36)

In sktest all test are in green !
I have no error in my log ...
It's working only the first time, i have delete and reinstall for 3 times, it's always working on the first attempt, and then i try to login again it's always not working.

Here is the error i see in Chrome console :
[Warning] ArrayBuffer is deprecated in XMLHttpRequest.send(). Use ArrayBufferView instead.
[Error] Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < jquery-min.js:2

In Firefox console :
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character
...eturn t?u.length:u?nt.error(e):L(e,a).slice(0)}function at(e,t,r){var i=t.dir,s=...
jquery-min.js (ligne 2)

I have replace the minified jquery by the uncompressed version, i see that the error occur in the parseJSON function.
The data in argument of this function is ... the html source code of the login page ...

The login page is called by the controller.php at the line 140 because the "!$auth->login()" return false.
And in the auth.php file at the line 64 :

if (isset($_SESSION[SESSION_HASH])){
            return $this->confirmAuth();
        }

the $_SESSION[SESSION_HASH] is empty.
So it check the line 67 :

if (!isset($_POST['user']) || !isset($_POST['password'])) {
            return false;
        }

and return false...

23 (edited by bNj 2013-02-06 14:20:30)

I need to add

SetEnv SESSION_USE_TRANS_SID 0

to the .htaccess file.
This force the server to use cookie instead of url parameter to parse PHPSESSID.

It's working, i'm happy :)

Happy to hear you were able to fix it.

We weren't able to reproduce this error on any of our test servers. We will take a good look at the code you identified to see how it's affected by the server setup.

Thanks for your detective work!

jack

Hello...

I have the same problem now...

Fresh install of Showkase(done yesterday)... But the upload won't work now...

I tried another browser... doesn't help...

What can i try? I'm not sure if i have access to any logfiles on my server... I have to contact my support... But this takes few days until i get a answer... (stupid support)

thanks