Topic: Showkase-Update 1.3.6

Hello

i did a lot of changes in the _the themes and Juciebox settings. Are tey all gone after the update? Can i save xml-files with the settings ore must retype the changes manualy after every update?

Thank you, Rufi62

Re: Showkase-Update 1.3.6

If you make any modifications to the Showkase or Juicebox core files, then they will be overwritten with the new versions of the files when you upgrade.
If you made your modifications to a theme's 'custom.css' or 'custom.js' files and kept a backup copy of them (as suggested in the Adding Custom Styles and Fonts support section), then you can simply re-upload them to your web server after upgrading.

Any changes you make within the Showkase interface (for example Juicebox configuration options) will not be overwritten when you upgrade.

I do not know what modifications you have made to Showkase and/or Juicebox but if you let me know more details, I might be able to help further.

Hello

i think my problem is that after the showkase upgrade i have only juicebox lite version, but i am a jucebox pro user.

When i click customize viewers, i see juicebox-lite 1.4.3.2, but i am a pro user. and i see the jucibox logo in my galleries

do i have to update juicebox seperately. especially in my subfolders for italian and englisch versions, where i have no admin folder?

thanks, rudi

If you have purchased Showkase-Standard (having purchased Juicebox-Pro separately), then when you upgrade Showkase, your Showkase installation will use the latest Juicebox-Lite files. (Showkase-Standard comes bundled with Juicebox-Lite whereas Showkase-Pro comes bundled with Juicebox-Pro.)

All you need to do to install Juicebox-Pro into your Showkase-Standard installation is follow the instructions here.

Once you have swapped the Lite 'jbcore' folder with the Pro version (from your Juicebox-Pro download zip package) and have republished your site, all your galleries will automatically become Pro and all Pro configuration options you have previously set will once again become active.

5 (edited by artwindows 2015-10-16 05:55:22)

I just purchased Standard ShowKase because I own JuiceboxPRO.. I think I did what it said, but I still only see Juicebox LIGHT.   When it says upload all files to server, well, then it sort of explains, IF you have juiceboxPro then just replace jbcore with the one from your PRO app on your computer.  I did that, but still just says light..   Do I have to do more than just add jbcore on top of the one under juicebox on the ftp ?  On my computer, I have 2 versions - light, and then Pro..  When I use the app, it's the PRO version.. but when I open the SHOW CONTENTS in the pro version, I look for the jbcore and it's under templates and  that's what I'm trying to replace on top of jbcore on site.  Why am I not getting my PRO on this.?   Thanks.. I'm not adding another files.. do I have to do that too?

@artwindows

Just follow the 'Installing a Pro Viewer' instructions here.

Once you replace the 'showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/jbcore/' folder with your Pro version and re-publish your site, all Juicebox galleries within your site will become Pro (and all galleries subsequently created by Showkase or imported into Showkase will also be Pro).

7 (edited by artwindows 2015-10-17 04:27:34)

1) Ok.. I found my last JuiceboxPro download and found the jbcore folder..  finally, it's showing up in ShowKase  but it's showing as 1.4.4.1 instead of 1.4.4.2   Is this a problem?  I took it from the correct version folder..   Also, I only replaced the jbcore folder, nothing else.  Am I supposed to put any other files from my app up onto the showkase folder? 

2) Also, I hope I didn't mess things up when I went to Show Contents on the JB app on my iMac previously, and found the JBCore folder under  Contents/Resources/template/jbcore  and I ftp'd it up to replace the jbcore  in my showkase /_viewers/Juicebox/jbcore

I haven't done enough testing to see if that did anything, but if you know it's going to mess up something later, I should fix that now. Sorry.. didn't quite understand where it was supposed to go. Once I found it, it worked as JB Pro, but per my Number 1 question above, it's showing the last version, not the 1.4.4.2 version..

Thanks.. I'm not that far along in anything where I can't just start over, so give me the bad news if it is bad news.. Better now than later..  Thanks a million..  Rick

Ok.. I found my last JuiceboxPro download and found the jbcore folder..

Just for the record, you could have used the 'Contents/Resources/template/jbcore' folder to replace the 'showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/jbcore/' folder on your web server. It is identical to the 'juicebox_pro_1.4.4.2/web/jbcore' folder from the Juicebox-Pro download zip package.

finally, it's showing up in ShowKase  but it's showing as 1.4.4.1 instead of 1.4.4.2   Is this a problem?

This is not a problem (for this new release).
The only change in the Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.2 release (from v1.4.4.1) is to JuiceboxBuilder-Pro (the desktop application) which now includes the required meta viewport tag in the gallery's 'index.html' file.
The core Juicebox files (in the 'jbcore' folder) remain the same as in the v1.4.4.1 release so the internal version of Juicebox-Pro is still v1.4.4.1 (and this is the version number that you will see listed in Showkase).
For more information on the new Juicebox-Pro v1.4.4.2 release, please see this blog entry.

Also, I hope I didn't mess things up...

No. That shouldn't have caused any problems at all (as long as the 'jbcore' folder is still in the 'Contents/Resources/template/' folder).
If there were any problems with either your JuiceboxBuilder-Pro application or Juicebox-Pro within your Showkase site you would probably notice very quickly.

I ftp'd it up to replace the jbcore  in my showkase /_viewers/Juicebox/jbcore

Just to clarify, the 'jbcore' folder should have been uploaded to the 'showkase/admin/plugins/juicebox/master/' folder on your web server (as noted in the Installing a Pro Viewer instructions).
When you publish a site, Showkase copies the 'jbcore' folder from the 'master' location (in the admin section) to the '_viewers' location (in the site itself).

I hope the notes above help to clarify things.

Perfect.. Thx!  Really helpful and this program is going to be just what I needed! 
My plan. From what I can tell, is to recreate my old site, but keep the gallery section under a different setup section..like two different sites within the same domain. This will help me be able to get the look I want for each area since I generaly don't change much in my main site, but I more often just upload to the gallery and I would like a different layout to that. Not sure yet, but from what I can tell, I can do that.

Just a thought, but if you have two sites on your domain (a non-Showkase site and a Showkase site) and you have Juicebox galleries in both sites, you could set up a second Showkase site (in a different subdirectory on your domain, separate from your existing Showkase site) and use it under the Gallery Manager theme to manage the galleries within your non-Showkase site. The Gallery Manager theme creates full pages galleries (no header or footer) which can be viewed on their own or embedded into other web pages.
You could create and edit galleries online via the second Showkase interface and link directly to them or embed them within your non-Showkase site using the baseUrl method of embedding documented here.
As long as the two Showkase sites are in different folders, they will not interfere with each other.
I'm not sure if this is something that might be useful to you but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

@Steven

Fascinating thought. Can you give us an idea (at your leisure) of how we might go about experimenting with this Gallery Manager without changing our Site's theme and mucking things up? I confess to being a bit leary of theme changes since they are site-wide. I searched the User Guide but failed to find much on the subject.

TIA

If you want to experiment with the Gallery Manager theme, I would recommend that you set up a second Showkase site in a completely separate folder to your original Showkase site (so that they do not interfere with each other).

The Gallery Manager theme is designed to manage galleries only. It is not designed as a complete web site theme (like Boma, Kosel and Maribo). As such, the Gallery Manager theme supports only Gallery pages and Gallery Index pages. It does not support About, Basic or Contact pages so as soon as you change to the Gallery Manager Theme, all About, Basic and Contact pages in your site will be hidden. You can always change back to a regular theme and all About, Basic and Contact pages will instantly be reinstated without having to recreate them.

Gallery pages within the Gallery Manager theme display only the gallery itself. No header, footer or other page content is displayed.

As each page within Showkase is given its own folder in the Showkase root, you can embed your Showkase-created Juicebox galleries into any other pages on your domain using the baseUrl method of embedding (with the baseUrl pointing towards the Gallery page's folder within the Showkase site).

The Gallery Manager theme is similar to svManager (an older gallery manager which has now been discontinued) so anyone migrating from svManager might find the Gallery Manager theme familiar and useful.
More about Showkase in relation to svManager can be found in the Converting from svManager support section.

Thanks. This helps.
I cannot wait to experiment