Topic: Hostgator.com my host company

I chatted with them today to make sure showkase will work on their server. They say it's not on their list of supported software. Does that mean it won't work on their server? Thx.

Re: Hostgator.com my host company

Not necessarily. It just means that they have not tested it themselves. There is too much software available in the world for any web host to have a comprehensive list of all that is compatible with their servers and keeping such a list up to date with all the latest versions would be quite a task.
As HostGator says themselves below their own list: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/p … g-software

This is not a complete list of compatible technologies.  Thousands of other scripts are compatible with HostGator hosting. This is a small sampling.

However, we provide the Showkase Server Compatibility Test which you can download and run on your web server to check that it has all the features Showkase needs.
If all the tests pass OK, then you're good to go.
If any of the tests fail, all is not lost. There are troubleshooting tips on the test's support page and some issues can easily be fixed by simply tweaking some PHP configuration settings.

Worst case scenario, we also offer a 100% money-back guarantee, as noted in this FAQ:
Can I try a trial version of Showkase?

Thanks! That's what I figured and I'd be surprised if it didn't work with them. I'll try the test later. Thanks again. Looking forward to this!

You're welcome!

I ran the test from your download folder..  Everything worked great!  all Green..  So when I have a minute, I'm going to try this Showkase program.. From what I can tell, it's going to be a great option for me.   I have huge galleries and no need for much of anything else except info pages and contact page.. etc.   My photos sell my work.   My website is so obsolete as far as SEO, and if I didn't get so much work from it I would've done this sooner.. But I've been too busy to deal with recreating my website.  But with JuiceBox Pro which I own already, and a website builder like this which is made to work perfectly with Juicebox, my problems may be solved.  My mind can't keep track of Dreamweaver anymore since I only change my website every few years..  However, I add photos often.. at least I will once this is all switched over.     Thanks again for you help, and I'm looking forward to many new additions to Showkase as well as Juicebox, as the years go by.  :) Rick

No problem. I'm sure you'll get on well with Showkase.
For reference, there's comprehensive online support here.
The User Guide and Customization links might prove to be useful resources and there is a Getting Started guide as well.